High Power 40A OpenEVSE w/ RTC for Sale

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

I have a 40A High Power OpenEVSE for sale. This unit consists of a MOV line protector, A Barbouri OpenEVSE board, a 12V power supply, A 50A contactor, A 40A range cable with a 14.50 molded plug, A RGB Display with a Real Time Clock, A Quick Charge Power 20 foot 40A J1772 cable, a mufti-function power meter, and the GFCI and current coils. It is mounted in a 6X6X4 inch junction box.

The power meter diaplays voltage, current, and either watts, volt amps or power factor. In the case of Tesla based drive trains the power factor is corrected to 1 so the watts and volt amps are the same.

This unit follows the J1772 protocol and it can be used with any car drawing 40A or less. It charges my Mercedes Benz B Class Electric Drive late at night using the RTC. It is intended to use a 14-50R wired with #6 current wires annd at least a #8 ground and a optional (the evse does not use it) #8 neutral. This should be connected to a 50A Breaker (125% of 40A).

This unit is loaded with ver 3.5.1 firmware

I am selling this for $375 plus $25 for UPS Ground CONUS shipping. Local pickup in Anaheim near Disneyland is available. Payment is by Paypal if I ship the unit or cash for local pickup.
This is sold ASIS but I guarantee it will work upon receipt.

I shamelessly took this from vegasbrad's add. It is a good idea to emphise the details. I have always depended on my user's common sense.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Because of lawyers I have to add this. This EVSE is intended for use ONLY by responsible adults. Because they are hand-made, they are not UL listed - but are made from UL listed parts. 240v electricity is serious business and caution should be exercised while using any EVSE. For safety's sake, do not use this EVSE outdoors in inclement weather unless it is a model that specifically says Outdoor or Waterproof. This EVSE has a GFCI built inside that protects from that point down line. (The J plug side of the the EVSE is safe for outdoors in all weather). BY PLACING AN ORDER WITH US, YOU ASSUME ALL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH USING THIS EVSE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THEIR USE.

I like the display readability, and the V, A, P meter.
As usual, very nice work.
Except for the form factor (for my narrow space) and the side-exit cables,
it appears to have all the nice features that I would want.
I PMed you.

garygid said:
I like the display readability, and the V, A, P meter.
As usual, very nice work.
Except for the form factor (for my narrow space) and the side-exit cables,
it appears to have all the nice features that I would want.
I PMed you.

That meter is quite deep and it would not fit in a smaller enclosure. On my EVSE Tester I had to remove the cover to make it just fit. I have used three so far and I have a spare on the way. It is the only display I have seen with volt amps and power factor. My Tesla based B Class shows a power factor of 1 so for me it is not needed.

Hi, let me know if it's still available.
Kindly email at deckard at sbcglobal dot net
Thanks

Back