240V 40-50A OpenEVSE is withdrawn

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

I have a 240V 40 or 50A OpenEVSE with a Real Time Clock for sale.

This unit consists of an OpenEVSE Arduino Shield on an Adruino Uno. It has a voltage-current meter,RGB LCD display, Real time clock, MOV input protection, A 240VAC 50A contactor, and a 12V power supply. The input cable is a 4FT 50A cable with a 14-50 plug.

This unit does not have a J1772 cable. It has a PG21 gland to fit a Quick Charge Power cable.
If you are in California it is available from their website. If you are outside California then Chris has it cheaper.

http://store.openevse.com/collections/ac-cables/products/j1772-cable-40a-ultra-flexible-us-only" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The unit has a terminal block for the line connections, A ground screw, and a quick connector for the pilot. it should have a 50A circuit breaker and at least #6 wire.

This will charge any J1772 compatible car at full current up to 40A with the recommended cable. It would be perfect for a Tesla derived power train charging at 40A like a RAV4 EV.

This unit was designed before the advanced power circuitry but after the GFCI protection was added. I temporally installed a 30A J1772 cable and charged my leaf with it for a week to test it.

This is for sale ASIS for $225 plus $25 for UPS Ground CONUS shipping. I guarantee it will work upon receipt. Local pickup in Anaheim ia available.

Payment is cash for local pickup or Paypal if I ship out the EVSE.

I can install and test the J1772 cable for you at no charge. Quick Charge Power has drop shipped several 40A cables to me to install. For a Leaf owner I can also install a 15 ft 30A Yazaki unused J1772 cable for an additional $130.

I can fully load test any installed cable with my load tester. I can briefly test at 40A and I can do sustained testing at 32A. I am limited in that I only have a 40A circuit and an EVSE is considered a continuous load so 32A is the max.

http://www.quickchargepower.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Yazaki cable is no longer available. If you really want one they are available on Ebay for $99 plus $20 for shipping. If you are in California add tax since the vender is in Irvine.

It seems that no one wants a OpenEVSE shield unit so I am going to salvage the other parts for a new unit.

Back