DIY OpenEVSE with RTC and Current Meter is sold

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

32a OpenEVSE with real time clock.

I have a High Power OpenEVSE for sale with a LEVITON 30A J1772 20 foot cable from Amazon mfg by Yazaki. This unit operates on L1 120VAC or L2 240VAC. This is 30A or 32A L2 EVSE. Dostar says 32A and Yazaki says 30A. It really depends on how hot the cable gets. I think at least 34A is possible. This is mounted in a heavy duty 8X8X4 inch electrical junction box. This unit requires a 40A 240V circuit breaker.

The photos show it briefly charging at 27A but I set it down to 24A since I had it connected to my spare 30A circuit.

This unit easily charges my 2013 Leaf SL at 27A. It will charge any J1772 compliant car at up to 32A.

The EVSE may be set in 2A steps on Level 2 from 10A to 50A.

The relay is a Qianji unit rated for 80A. The input cable is a GE 40A 4 foot range cable with a 14-50 plug. It has a monochrome yellow display with a Real Time Clock. The display I2C driver also runs a RGB mode display LED and a blue lighted select button.

This unit is sold ASIS but I guarantee it will function upon receipt. The cost is $425 plus $ 25 for UPS ground shipping in the CONUSA.

Local pickup In Anaheim near Disneyland is available. Payment is by Paypal if shipped or cash for local pickup.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FH7EVN8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have decided to include CONUS shipping so the price is $425 shipped USP Ground. I will only ship in the USA.

I can customize the top display:

Blue Display No Charge

RGB Display add $25

Remove RTC deduct $10

It is currently with a yellow display, RTC, and a RGB LED. The advantage of a yellow display is that it changes to reflective in bright light. The RGB LED is very bright and it is visible outside in daylight.

I would consider it splash proof at best. The current meter is not sealed and I did not use any silicon seal on the display or screws.

If you are looking for a waterproof unit look elsewhere, sorry.

Cable length (the one that goes into the car) will see if it will reach from inside garage :)

I swear I read it twice before askibg that question. No idea how I missed 3 times (original read and two rereads before asking.)

I feel dumber now :)

This is a 40A wired EVSE with a 32A cable. If a Tesla drive train owner wants to replace the cable with a Quick Charge Power 40A cable I am willing to remove the J1772 cable and sell it for $325. If you have the Quick Charge cable shipped here I will install it before shipping it out. I have done this for several RAV4 EV people.

The High quality 20 foot J1772 cable seems to burden this EVSE with high cost. I build EVSEs as a hobby and I just try to recover my costs. As it is it will charge any 30A EV or a 27.5A Leaf fully.

Back