Information Related to 2012 SL & 2013 SV Sale

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGERBEAVER

The EV, advertised here, was a fully-equipped 2013 Leaf SV with 700 miles. It was sold in July for its asking price of $21,990 to a person who rarely carries passengers. So its 3-star, crash safety rating for passengers was not a substantial factor. I would not sell a one of these later models to a family because of their low passenger safety rating.

Because the 2013-2015 Leafs have greater range and B Mode regenerative braking, which augments that of the the Eco mode, they are advantageous for commuting, particularly over routes which have substantial variations in elevation and stop and go traffic. They are also advantageous for those who live at a elevations that are substantially above or below nearby cities that they visit frequently.

Because of their superior crash safety, I recommend 2011 and 2012 Leafs for families and others who frequently carry passengers. As an upgrade from the 2011, the 2012 has heated seats, steering wheel and mirrors. These features substantially improve comfort and range during cool weather. I have an extra, fully-equipped, Ocean Blue, 2012 Leaf SL with 17,800 miles and a 5-star overall safety rating. It is in outstanding condition and is for sale to a family or other person who does carry passengers. Its price is $17,950. Call Walt Eager on (541) 753-5837 or e-mail [email protected].

For a descripton of the non-profit, community service that I perform to encourage EV ownership, visit:  http://goo.gl/yUJ0s3.

EAGERBEAVER said:
... The 2013 had an important (but not essential for me) range upgrade (B-Mode regenerative braking). However it and subsequent year models suffered a decrease in passenger crash safety, related to re-positioning the charger. ...
You have made this statement about passenger crash safety in a couple post.
Could you provide some references or sources that back up the statement?
The on board charger became part of the integrated motor / inverter / charger assembly.
How did that impact passenger safety.
Your statement is all I have seen about it since the design change in early 2013?

Walt,

Corvalis has a mild climate so this shouldn't matter much, but the 2013 features an improved heating system which includes a heat pump as well as resistive heating for the cabin. That will add some range in cold weather.

I thought that "B Mode" changes the amount of regeneration at different accelerator/brake positions, but otherwise, the amount of regen is still under the driver's control. Am I wrong? What did your testing show?

Bob

Back