EV SIM II with a yellow display is sold

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

I have a Nick Sayer design EV Simulator and Pilot analyzer for sale. It has a yellow display and it is powered by a 12V wall wort.. It can be powered with any DC voltage from 6V to 30V. A cigarette lighter cord with a 2.1 X 5.5MM plus will power it in the car.

This can be used to test the EVSE by simulating the car. It displays information about the pilot. It would be perfect for setting the current on a basic JuiceBox.

This is sold ASIS but I guarantee it will work upon receipt.

The price is $25 plus $5 if I ship it First Class Mail. Local pickup in Anaheim is available. I will only ship to the United States.

Payment is by paypal if I ship or cash for local pickup.

Here is a link to the documentation.

https://code.google.com/p/open-evse/wiki/EVSimMark2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is a handy device. It is really two devices. It has a powered pilot analyzer and a simulator that is totally passive. The simulator is based on Chris's unit except that the values are adjusted so the switches are cumulative. So to test charging you first go to ready. You would end up with the two end switches on. The first switch checks the diode test and the remaining is for vent required. The charging value is a 2.74K and a 1.3K to make the charging resistance value.

I think Nick's cumulative values adhere more closely to the spec but I used Chris's values in mine so I could use a rotary switch. Curiously, The spec is loose enough that it charges with the 1.3K instead of the proper 880 ohms on the OpenEVSE, JuiceBox, and a early 16A Liviton unit.

Back