32A Dostar OpenEVSE with RTC is sold

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

32A OpenEVSE with a Real Time Clock for sale.

This EVSE has a Diy plus version 2 main board with a LT 1498 output stage, A 80A rated power relay, a blue RTC display, a RGB led, A 40A range 14-50 power cable, and a 24Ft Dostar 32A J1772 cable. The cable has a third generation 50A connector but #10 cable is rated for 33A max in cabling. The EVSE is programmed for L2 steps of 2A to 50A.

This is an auto sensing unit. For L1 120VAC it is set for 12A. For L2 240VAC it is set for 32A, When used with a Leaf it will supply 27A. With a RAV4 EV it will draw the full 32A. The EVSE broadcasts its maxium capacity. The car takes what it needs. A Volt will only charge at 16A even though twice the current is available.

The RTC allows the time of day to appear on the charging screen. If you live in a high priced power area you can use it to charge after midnight for the cheaper rates. It can be set for any time but the default is 5 min after midnight and 5 min before 7AM. The works for most people.

This unit is sold ASIS but I guarantee it will work upon receipt.

I am selling this for $350 plus $17 for a large priority mail box if I ship the unit, Local pickup in Anaheim is available. Payment is by Paypal if I ship the unit or cash for local pickup.

The power cord is a standard 4 ft range cable less a few inches inside the box. The car J1772 cable was measured to be 24ft not including the J1772 connector.

This EVSE is sold pending payment. This is paid for. It will ship on Tuesday, Thanks.

Thanks, Glenn

Sure, contact me with a PM with what you want and I will tell you the price. I have another relay on order. The only one I have on hand is a 240VAC coil unit that I ordered my mistake without reading the full description.

It just would not pull in!

I think that if you want a long cable with a 14-50 connector then you would have to put a plug on the length you need. The molded cables are all 4 ft long.

As for building an EVSE, I have no problem with you purchasing the stuff. I will build it either way.

I will most likely go with a slightly unusual configuration, because of all the roots in the yard: a 240 RV outlet on the front porch, a 35-50' RV extension cable with twist lock connectors, and a *very* short cable on the EVSE with another twist lock connector, mounted on a post just outside my North fence. Opinions? I probably wouldn't need to unplug the cable more than once or twice a year.

Back