24A Barbouri OpenEVSE is sold

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

OpenEVSE for sale.

This is a 24A unit with a RGB LED for status. It is built around a Barbouri ver 4.21 board. It has a universal power supply, 30A relay, a #10 power cable with a L6-30P plug. This unit has a Rema Model Rev-1-30C Type 3R J1772 16 foot cable. I have opened it up for inspection and the crimps look good. It does not get hot charging my Leaf at 6600W. Everything is housed in a very nice claimed weatherproof box. I would consider it splash resistant at best.

I am selling this for $275 plus $20 for CONUS shipping. Local pickup in Anaheim near Disneyland is available.

This unit is sold ASIS but I guarantee it will work upon receipt.

Payment is by Paypal if I ship or cash for local pickup.

Glenn,

I'm interested in the unit. I will also share with you this will be my first EVSE purchase since I just bought my Leaf a month ago. As far as the logistics of the transaction...I'm not a local buyer so as you could imagine I would have my reservations with making such a purchase without any guarantee. Do you have an EBay account that we could use to execute the transaction ?

I'm not familiar with sales transactions over forums. Sorry, I don't mean to disrespect

Thank you,

Rafael

I bought a unit from Glenn and he is completely trustworthy even fixed it for me when I had a problem, I have no reservations what so ever in recommending you not worry about a transaction with him.

I do not list on Ebay for 2 reasons.

First, I build EVSE's for members and I only charge for my parts cost.

Second, I am not building for a large group and Ebay charges 10% commission.

I do this as a hobby. I am not in business and I do not want to be in business.

GlennD said:

Bought items from Glenn twice, and not a single problem.

GlennD said:

+1

I obtained my OpenEVSE from Glenn too. Unit is well-built. Well worth it. And he even educated me on many aspects of the OpenEVSE!

Little late, but 2 cents never hurts. I Had the pleasure of meeting Glenn while vacationing in southern Cal. Definitely a trustworthy source for EV accessories.

I thought I should say thanks to all who took the time to show your support. I really appreciate everyone's feedback as well as Glenn's very fast and dependable transaction.

I would like to share the Open EVSE is currently plugged in and it has provided my cars first hour of service as I write this email. I am monitoring the charge every 30 min for progress as well as temperature. So far so good!

Please feel free to share any do's and dont's for these type of units.

Thank you!

Back