2011 Leaf SL with QC for sale

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eMaS

near Sacramento

Red, Leaf SL - top of line model with QC port, made in Japan, alu panels
got battery report (3/18/14) from Nissan dealership and all batteries are great shape, available on request
49768 miles
$14400

also selling my two other electric cars - for collectors or hobbyists:
2003 Toyota Rav4 EV - runs about 40 miles, needs battery cleaning and terminal sealing
2000 Ford Ranger EV (OEM) - needs a new battery pack

cwerdna said:
Battery report is worthless. How many capacity bars have been lost?

Yes, with this group you're going to have to go into more detail.

With that many miles I'm guessing two bars down at a minimum.

sorry to disappoint zOner

only 1 bar down
lost it at 41000 miles

I have been driving evs for about 15 years now and know how to take care of my batteries

Quite the contrary, I am not disappointed and am sorry you inferred that. I'm also not a buyer, but at the interest of full disclosure and the sake of the community I want the next LEAF owner to have a reasonable idea of what they're getting, especially since MY 2011,2012 (and more likely 2013,2014) have serious battery degradation issues - regardless of how well you think you're taking care of them. The first red flag was that you are advertising the battery report from Nissan. Everyone here knows it's not worth the paper it's printed on.

To any interested buyers: Make sure you know the battery pack's AHr value and SOH% during comparison shopping or prior to taking delivery.

eMaS said:
sorry to disappoint zOner

only 1 bar down
lost it at 41000 miles

I have been driving evs for about 15 years now and know how to take care of my batteries

Thank you for your honesty. z0ner was not trying to embarrass you; as cwerdna said, the Nissan battery report isn't all that useful (except to Nissan). You can baby your battery, but in the end if you live in a warm climate, battery loss is going to be inevitable with the Leaf unless you regularly park in a climate-controlled garage especially during the day.

A while back someone was trying to sell a car from *Phoenix* and absolutely refused to reveal how many bars were left showing, so that's why anybody trying to advertise their Leaf for sale here will be specifically asked for that info.

The Battery Aging Model estimates about a 20% loss of capacity (assuming typical efficiency of 4 miles per kwh, no time parked in the sun).

z0ner said:
especially since MY 2011,2012 (and more likely 2013,2014) have serious battery degradation issues - regardless of how well you think you're taking care of them. The first red flag was that you are advertising the battery report from Nissan. Everyone here knows it's not worth the paper it's printed on.
Why do you say the 2013,2014 are more likely to have battery degradation issues? I was under the impression they should be better.

The 2013's and 2014's (that have been built so far) still lack TMS and don't have Nissan's promised heat-resistant battery. So they may not be worse than the 2011's and 2012's but I don't expect them to be better either.

Back