3300W OpenEVSE with Real Time Clock is sold.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

I have a weatherproof OpenEVSE 3300W unit with a RTC for sale. This will charge 2011 and 2012 Leafs or a Volt at full power. It will also charge any car that adhears to the J1772 specification at 16A.

I built up an OpenEVSE with Chris Howell's very nice new case. I used components from his store and of course everything fit perfectly. (see my photos in the OpenEVSE thread).

I wanted to see if I could fit Barbouri's version into the new case. With a little planning and a different fuse holder and fuses everything just fit.

This consists of Chris's new weatherproof case, a reflective LCD is used so it will not wash out outside, a status led firing at the center of the display so it does not viloate the waterproofing, a waterproof lighted push button, and a Liviton 15A, 25ft, J1772 cable. This cable runs fine at 16A.

I am including a red ABS holder with a hook to coil the cable. It was printed from a file downloaded from thingiverse.com. It took 20 hours to print so I can see where the author sells them for $35.

The working parts consist of a 12V universal power supply, a Barbouri version 4.21 Open EVSE board, 2 30A relays, GFCI coil, fuse block with 2 3AB30A fuses, and a power pigtail with a L6-20P 20A AC plug.

This unit will work on 120VAC L1 or 240VAC L2. The default current for L1 is 12A and L2 16A. It can be set in 2A steps to 20A plus 15A. If you have a 20A 120V circuit and a car that supports it then you can increase the L1 current to 16A. My 2013 Nissan leaf will charge at 16A just fine.

The J1772 cable is a brand new 15A 25FT cable with 14 gauge wires. It was sold as a dual voltage cable from Amazon. It is only certified as a 120V L1 cable by UL. I think this is because it has 300V rated cable. I think UL requires a 600V cable for 240V certification. I have a megger and the insulation passes the megger's 1000V limit. I do not think modern cables have a 300v limit. I know Ingineer has converted thousands of 300V Nissan EVSE's with no voltage related failures.

This unit is sold ASIS but i guarantee it will work upon receipt. I am selling this unit for $375 plus $25 for CONUS shipping.

Local pickup in Anaheim near Disneyland is available. Payment is by Paypal if I ship out the unit or cash for local pickup.

Back