Glacier Pearl LEAF SL $17,800 [not for sale]

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astralfish

OFF THE MARKET

Glacier Pearl (white) 29.5k miles 90% freeway. Just used for school and work.

Valid California HOV and EV parking decals

It has the following optional accessories: Hologram Kick Plates, Floor Mats & Cargo Mat Area, 440V Quick Charge Port, Eco Design Package (minus the side decals)

It still has all 12 of it's capacity bars. I never kept it sitting at 100% for any significant length of time. You can test it's SOC if you want before you buy it.

EXTRAS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Modified EVSE that can charge at either 110V or 220V at 16 amps. I also have the following adapters: NEMA 6-50 and NEMA 10. And a NEMA L6-30 Twist-Lock extension cord. (http://www.evseadapters.com/products.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) These give you the ability to charge at a friend's house in 5 hours or less.
- Throwing in a spare tire. Two tires were replaced.

Don't mean to threadcrap, but given how cheaply others (some in this sub-area) have bought much lower mileage '11s and '12s coupled w/the CA incentives and the low prices of new '13s, I think you're going to have a hard time selling it for that price.

You might have an easier time selling it w/o the extended warranty, if you can get a refund. The guy at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11886" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ditched the warranty which helped him lower his price and sell.

Thank you! Advice taken :) It looks like it will take 6-8 weeks.

I'm just trying to break even with what I owe but it looks like i'll be in the negative no matter what.

Not to mention that you need to find someone close enough to San Diego to get it home without a wrecker :). I wouldn't mind picking up another Leaf for myself, if you would go as low as 10k send me an e-mail as I would have to get rent a U-Haul to get it back to the Bay Area.

badq45t said:
Not to mention that you need to find someone close enough to San Diego to get it home without a wrecker :). I wouldn't mind picking up another Leaf for myself, if you would go as low as 10k send me an e-mail as I would have to get rent a U-Haul to get it back to the Bay Area.
Hey badq45t: $10K? That's insulting, man. :roll:

10K is insulting but it is not far from reality. I have a 2012 with 15K on it and the most I was offered was 17K.

Nissan has whored the resale market with the give away prices on the left over 2012's.

I really wanted a RAV4-EV but not if I have to pay 10K just to break even.

GlennD said:
10K is insulting but it is not far from reality. I have a 2012 with 15K on it and the most I was offered was 17K.

Nissan has whored the resale market with the give away prices on the left over 2012's.

I really wanted a RAV4-EV but not if I have to pay 10K just to break even.

10K is not far from 17K? $7000 sounds like a lot of money to me! And in any case, the left-over 2012s are gone now.

Future prediction time? In about eight to nine months the first of the 2011 Leafs will start coming off lease. Many thousands. Nissan says these Leaf should be worth 15K to 17K. Reallly!
Nissan says my Leaf should be worth 15.6K in June 2014 it will still have VERY low miles, but has no QC port. 15.6K! If Nissan in May/June 2014 is still giving away leases on new Leafs, any FMV retail of over 10K is optimistic.

In understand from a FM at a Nissan store, that Nissan is unlikely to discount 'bring back value' to present lease holders. Any comments

I hate to break it to you guys but new tech/high price cars historically followed the rule that your car lost 50% the instant it left the dealer lot.

I have experienced this many times, our Dodge Caravan was 4 years old and sold for $1000, yes I know different car different decade but I wouldn't be a crybaby about it, the last decade has had a lot of market manipulation, lean inventory practices and a bunch of other BS that has made the used market suck for those of us who historically would purchase 3-7 year old cars. In my most recent case the NEW car was $3k cheaper than a 2 year old car! needless to say that is total BS but because of the gas for junkers and other programs along with high scrap metal prices driven by India and China you can expect strange unpredictable resale values for many models, not just the leaf. heck around here you simply can't get anywhere near bluebook for any car, unless its some strange niche, usually 50% on a good day, though that affect doesn't seem to affect the dealers with wheel and deal financing. I tried to sell my Dodge Crew with 40k miles on the clock, the salvage yard offered more than any of the individuals.

Ah well perhaps gone are the days of private party sales.

If things start to swing the other way again, it is what it is, don't buy a new car unless you can afford to play the game and you should never buy something unless you plan to keep it at LEAST 5 years! To do otherwise requires you have VERY deep pockets.

With the interest so low. It is better to buy a new car than buy car with couple years old.
For example, you can buy new Leaf for $30K. Less 10K in tax credit. Zero interest for 5 years. So your cost is $20K. You get the 10K back in same year.

If you buy used one for 18K at 3.5% interest for the next 5 years for another 1600. So your cost will be 19,600.

It really depends what you are looking for. I was going to get a new 13 s model, but my state doesn't give any extra incentive so I only get 7500 off. I'm looking at around 22k for a stripped leaf. I found a used sL with only 5k miles and bought for 17,500. I was a cash buyer so interest rates didn't apply, but used car rates are pretty good if your credit is good. It made more sense for me to buy pre-owned as I would be more likely to recover the majority of my investment on a loaded SL versus a stripped down S if for some reason the car didn't work out.

supra410 said:
It really depends what you are looking for. I was going to get a new 13 s model, but my state doesn't give any extra incentive so I only get 7500 off. I'm looking at around 22k for a stripped leaf. I found a used sL with only 5k miles and bought for 17,500. I was a cash buyer so interest rates didn't apply, but used car rates are pretty good if your credit is good. It made more sense for me to buy pre-owned as I would be more likely to recover the majority of my investment on a loaded SL versus a stripped down S if for some reason the car didn't work out.

I agree with you.

Back