Washington State Electric Highway Ribbon Cutting May 30th

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug401

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/charging-station-inauguration-event-marks-the-expansion-of-the-west-coast-electric-highway-in-washington-state-2012-05-22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Governor will have the honors...
Interstate travel from Oregon to Washington a reality.

this is great news!! sounds like Fobs are in the mail for many. This is going to really open up the possibilities, the CA border is now within reach, Vancouver BC as well, Leavenworth is doable with an overnight charge and the QC will soon be turned on there as well! And for now we can charge up for free!!

It looks like at least 5 of 9 planned DC3's will be operational for the grand opening. Leavenworth on the electric scenic Hwy 2 is installed but pending due to communication issues.

Sadly, the Kelso/Longview site on I5 hasn't been installed yet. It's the important missing link to Portland.

You need an Aerovironment Fob for the electric highway QC's in WA and OR, there **might** be some functional Blink QC's in the metro area, if we are lucky and the great god above shows us mercy. Portland has a mish mash of QC's to choose from, Oregon rules at this point! How in the world they got allocations for QC's every 25 miles is beyond me.

EricBayArea said:
Silly question but which fob is required for the WA QCs?

On a similar note, which is required for the OR QCs?

Looks like CA is behind yet again ;)

Back