Poll : August orders, which state you are in ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

August orders - which state you are in ?

• AZ

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • CA

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • OR

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • TN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WA

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Others !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't get the email

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Not August, but just wanted to participate

Votes: 22 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evnow

It seems likely that August orders have the best shot at getting Leaf this year. For those with Aug orders, which state are you from ? Also, pls give details of your order (ev project, when did you register & when did you reserve - exact time if you know).

In the coming days, I'll make polls for other months - we'll get an idea about regional distribution by month.

ps : May be we should look for good 3rd party sites that offer free multi-part questions. Any suggestions ?

AZ, outside of Tucson (so not available for EV project), not sure when I registered but the initial account I created on the Nissan website wasn't working and I had to create a new account at the time I got the email. I reserved an SL as soon as I got the email, which was a few minutes after I started seeing reports on twitter and facebook that others were finally able to reserve. I selected a dealership at that time (THOROUGHBRED NISSAN) and haven't changed it since. I submitted for an EV assessment as soon as I heard about it here (before the email went out), got the assessment on the 12th, have not heard back yet.

Edit: Added specific dealership selected

Southern Sacramento County = SMUD territory = very progressive (EV-wise).
Not EV Project.
Dealer: Elk Grove.
Registered ?September 2009?
Reserve Email time stamp: Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:27:16 PDT
Reserved: within 15 minutes
"Subj: the Nissan LEAF: reservation complete" time stamp: Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 23:04:46 PDT
Specs: SV (recently changed to SL), Silver, 70miles, attached garage, "long cross-town commutes".
Assessment Scheduled, then postponed twice; now scheduled for 8/24.
Invitation to Panel email time stamp: Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:24:54 PDT

Hmm, lemme see. First, of course, December order -- earliest for what I call the "Atlantic South (plus AL)"; sorry LA and MS! -- Still can't fathom why NM is getting the shaft too, but I digress.

Anyway, checking gmail here...

So I'm in the Commonwealth of Virginia, as I've stated too many times before on this forum. AFAICT I'm the only, at least regular, contributor from the Commonwealth. Specifically north-western Fairfax County.

My oldest e-mail is from 26 February 2010 20:55 EST (17:55 PST), so I must have registered between then and whenever the previous e-mail went out. February sounds about right; didn't hear about the LEAF much before then and was a disenfranchised Volt follower owing to the reduction from 60 mi to 40 mi range per charge they announced a few months earlier.

I only just hear about the EV Project a few days ago on this forum and subscribed right away, suggesting some choice capitol area and Baltimore spots where fast-charging stations would be keen. AFAICT the EV Project isn't doing anything more than setting up charging infrastructure in the capitol region, so I'm not getting any direct subsidy from them.

I got the registration deposit e-mail at 20 April 2010 19:39 EDT (16:39 PDT). But I had a problem in ordering: I created an account on the Nissan site under the ID (can you guess) TimeHorse in preparation for the reservation placement but when I tried to reserve, it could not link my e-mail to that account so I had to create a new account (<ExplicativeDeleted>IAmTimeHorse) and proceeded to reserve my LEAF sometime between the time I received the e-mail and 20 April 2010 21:39 EDT (18:39 PDT) when I requested the user name for my new account because in my haste to create it I'd forgotten what it is. My process was, being unable to make my order from the TimeHorse account, create the new account and make the order ASAP and then contact Nissan about trying to have them link the order back to the TimeHorse account -- which, BTW, they weren't able to do; my account name still contains the Explicative.

Interestingly, due to a typo in how Nissan sent me the confirmation letter, I technically got 2 invites to register, the second at 20 April 2010 19:39 EDT (16:39 PDT). I just ignored that letter.

I choose a Red LEAF, since Green was not available, decided 70 mi was about right (initially put 100 but he didn't like that and technically it's more like 67 -- when you have him estimate the round trip, though, he comes up with 34 there and 70 total, and then says 70 means I need 100 and therefor don't qualify. Makes me worried but I'll keep it 70 for now.), SL trim, attached garage, "long, cross-town commutes" (since there was no choice for "long, mostly highway commutes").

Eventually, at 22 April 2010 02:07 EDT (21 April 2010 23:07 PDT), I received a confirmation letter for my order as well as a second letter 8 hours later.

My guess is my reservation was placed around 10 minutes after I received the letter due to the account creation problems.

Finally, I got my Get Ready to Order letter at 27 July 2010 18:06 EDT (15:06 PDT).

I'm not going to reprint my reservation number if it's alright with everyone; if someone wants to compare specific digits, tell me which ones you wish to compare and then I'll share.

And I've tentatively selected Victory Nissan of Chantilly, VA as my dealership as we often go to this autopark where it's located to service our Toyotas and the Nissan dealership is right around the corner; there are 2 other LEAF certified dealers in my area to choose from though should I find Victory less than friendly.

Panelist invite 21 July 2010 18:47 EDT (15:47 PDT).

Good luck to our lucky August LEAFers!

August order received.

I live in Seattle, WA

I ordered on April 20 at 2:55 PM (minutes after I got the email that I could reserve). Remember the reservation emails went out on 4/20 by Zip Code so those of us with 98 as the first two numbers were near the end.

I applied for the EV Project and I'm one of those in the queue to talk to ECOtality in more detail to get mine.

Blue Leaf selected with the SL trim.

Buying through Younkers Nissan in Renton. They are the only locally BBB accredited dealer and they advertise on their website that they will not sell above MSRP for the Leaf.

Patrick

SoCal August here
Signed up for LEAF emails in Sept '09
Reserved around 1:45pm PDT Apr 20. I was just checking into my account and saw the option to place order (better to be lucky than pretty)
Got reserve confirmation email on Apr21 at 10:48am PDT
Not Ecotality or EV Project eligible.
I've switch preferred dealers about 6 times over the last 2 months. Currently SB Nissan.

The electric company came out today to assess my site for the charge unit. Things are looking forward. I reserved my Leaf the first day of reservations. Been keeping up with things the first day of release. Can't wait. In the mean time I continue to build my electric VW Ghia and we will be using lithium this time too.

Pete :)

From our self-selected unscientific sample here - looks like Nissan will sell a lot of cars in CA early on than in other places.

Who on this thread and responded saying they have an August email have actually gone to a dealer and completed the order process?

Thx.

mxp said:
Who on this thread and responded saying they have an August email have actually gone to a dealer and completed the order process?

Thx.

Actually, I don't believe the August ordering will be until the end of Aug. because I read on another thread that Nissan said the SEPT ordering people could actually get their car BEFORE those in August. :D And both months will receive them in DEC. :)

I am in SoCal, reserved on 4/20. Preferred dealer is Universal City Nissan. Haven't spoke with them yet about MSRP. I will quickly go elsewhere if it's a problem.

Back