Sacramento area meeting at Nissan facility

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eMaS

a special delight:
next regional ev meeting on Saturday, 22 October at 10 am.
at
Nissan Technical Center N.A.—California Fuel Cell Partnership
3300 Industrial Blvd., West Sacramento, California 95691

all evs are invited

- it will be mostly a Q&A with Nissan engineer
so bring all your unanswered questions, suggestions etc.

QC is available

Hi there,

Are we sure, we are going to have a working quick charger on site (3300 Industrial Blvd
, West Sacramento, CA95691-5028) and how much will it cost for the QC charge, my drive is I-80 E. 1 hour 9 mins / 63.95 miles from Concord?

thanks

Victor
Owner of 2011 white Leaf Etec with 1/2 the time working BLINK charger.

PS. The Vacaville QC is a joke.

eMaS said:
a special delight:
at

all evs are invited

QC is available

eMaS said:
a special delight:
at

all evs are invited

QC is available

I keep missing these meetings due to other commitments. In this case I'll be in Costa Rica. I look forward to the transcript of this meeting.

yes, there is a QC unit there - it belongs to Nissan and is in the back of the building
I have used it several times

eMaS said:
all evs are invited

Wow, this is great. I would like to attend from the Bay Area, bit of a drive, but I hope to make it there on time :)

I have several questions:
a)Is this quick charger available to the public and what are the hrs of operation or is it only available for this meeting?
b)How much does it cost per charge?

I usually travel to Sacramento at least 4 times a month from Concord (driving the 1963 VW ghia 35mpg), it will be great if I can drive the Leaf and charge at the Nissan facility.

If you are a Leaf owner you can talk to them about it at the meeting
It is not a public charger

I've been to this site several times, I've even spoken with some of the folks in the Nissan office just prior to taking delivery of my Leaf. There is an Avcon charge station and a paddle charge station that is available to the public on the east side of the building. The J1772 chargers and the DCQC are in the back of the building that is only accessible by employees. Perhaps you could convince them to install a DCQC station in the same place as the L2 public charge stations.

My fiance works two blocks from there and would love to have a DCQC station available for 5 minutes each day. She has driven the Leaf round trip a couple of times but decided it it not worth the trouble of having to drive 55 both ways(91 mile round trip). 5 minutes on the QC should allow her to travel 65 each way. It would also give her the option of filling up quickly for any errands she needs to run in Sacramento before heading home.

So please yes, Nissan install a DCQC public station at the California Fuel Cell Partnership building.

http://www.recargo.com/sites/1143" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then count me in for the meeting:

This is by far the longest 1 way trip on my Leaf, my drive will be I-680 N then I-80 E. 1 hour 9 mins / 63.95 miles from Concord.

I know, I will make it there with 100% charge but coming back with 80% quick charge will be a challenge, without stopping at Vaca. for 1 hr. of L2 charge.

My check list before departing to Sacramento Saturday 22 October:

1) Check PG&E website for Vacaville and Sacramento power outage (if power outage present then Cancel trip)
2) Have the AAA 100 miles tow card or the Nissan tow number on hand.
3 )Validate Leaf is 100% charge(if my home BLINK blanks-out and no 100% charge then cancel trip)
3) Stop by Vacaville and validate L2 charger functionality (if it does not work then cancel trip and go back to Concord)
4) Arrive at Sac. top speed 65 MPH (this is the hard part of the trip, talk about grany driving)
5) Stay in-line at Sacramento meeting for QC to 80% (put me down for 11 to 11:30 for L3 quick charge)
6 Leave early from the meeting so I can beat the Leaf crowd coming back from Sac. meeting (Vacaville L2 charge 1 hr)

DId I missed anything?

There are some L2 units in the back lot as well. You could top off with L2 while at the meeting while somebody else is bulk charging on the QC. If somebody has an adapter from an Avcon connector somebody can be charging at the public charge station as well. There is also a nice j1772 in Dixon with more places to walk to and visit than Vacaville for L2. http://www.recargo.com/sites/1050" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i can't go, but would like to know if we can get any info out of them on battery degradation, battery care and future battery refresh programs. thanks

At over 100 mostly freeway miles to get there I just don't think I could make it. Of course if the Vacaville DC QC was open to the public it would be no problem.

Anyone want to car pool from Vacaville or closer to the peninsula in their Leaf or other EV? Right now 80 miles is my comfort zone for all freeway driving.

mdh said:
i can't go, but would like to know if we can get any info out of them on battery degradation, battery care and future battery refresh programs. thanks

a good way to ask is this, less chance to weasel out of answering: in laboratory testing, at standard room temperatures, how many partial 80% cycles do the AESC cells used in the Leaf last?, then suggest some answers: 1000, 1500, 3000 cycles?.. if you get any answers or nods at all then that would be useful to get some ideas on the life of the battery.

palmermd said:
I've been to this site several times, I've even spoken with some of the folks in the Nissan office just prior to taking delivery of my Leaf. There is an Avcon charge station and a paddle charge station that is available to the public on the east side of the building. The J1772 chargers and the DCQC are in the back of the building that is only accessible by employees. Perhaps you could convince them to install a DCQC station in the same place as the L2 public charge stations.

My fiance works two blocks from there and would love to have a DCQC station available for 5 minutes each day. She has driven the Leaf round trip a couple of times but decided it it not worth the trouble of having to drive 55 both ways(91 mile round trip). 5 minutes on the QC should allow her to travel 65 each way. It would also give her the option of filling up quickly for any errands she needs to run in Sacramento before heading home.

This Nissan facility in Sacramento is part of the CA Fuelcell Partnership, as you have mentioned. The Nissan fuel cell vehicles use Li-ion batteries so they may be able to describe their experience with this hybrid system. Have Nissan conduct some evaluation of the LEAF at this site? If so, this would be the a great opportunity to ask some of the questions and hopefully get some answers.

Never knew about this even though I have seen this facility many times. I'll be there.

Back