Curious on what networks people belong to. Chargepoint etc.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

Hi all. We are currently chargepoint members. Comes in handy from time to time. We are getting a second EV soon and it has a DC fast charger as well as a 6.6 charger. (Our little smart is only 3.3. I know it depends on what region you are in but I am curious about what networks people have RFID cards for and why. Our main areas British Columbia and Palm Springs. Appreciate your input.

Cheers

John and Angela

In Austin, TX, ChargePoint has the lion's share. EvGO has a few QCs, but local scuttlebutt is that they're quite expensive for what you get. I've seen one Eaton charger.

The city electric utility has a great program--$25 for 6 months of "free" charges--and the vast majority of ChargePoints belong to that network. Four bucks and change for a month of charges is a no-brainer--thanks, Austin Energy!

Can't speak about Palm Springs. For Los Angeles, I got ChargePoint, Blink and EVGO. Have yet to find a ChargePoint station near where I've needed one. Found a decent number of Blinks and EVGO stations. Also one of my destination charge spots requires Chevy's EVConnect app to work and charges cost thru Paypal. That is the only spot i've found that setup.

Back