is it just me or what????

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfredsporty

so, ive had my 2016 basic (very) for a couple of weeks now. im sensing that it does not take as long to "top it off" as it did when i first got it. soooooooo...im thinking (guessing) that the main battery now has a more thorough basic charge than it had when i first got it. could be that or im just kinda wishing. it seems taht after a fairly short drive it just gets "filled up" a little faster.
whatcha think ( be nice now)
fred from nashville :cool:

Nissan took away the "only charge to 80%" option several years ago (medium-long story), but if you're noticing that each day's driving only needs a brief recharge, you might think about letting the average charge level drop a bit. For example, if you use 20% of the battery charge each day, and that useage is consistent and predictable, you could just as well shoot for recharging from 40% to 60% each night instead of charging from 80% to full each night. Takes a little fiddling with using both start and end timers, plus maybe skipping plugging in if/when the charge level builds to 80%, but it's not too hard to arrange.

Levenkay said:
Nissan took away the "only charge to 80%" option several years ago (medium-long story), but if you're noticing that each day's driving only needs a brief recharge, you might think about letting the average charge level drop a bit. For example, if you use 20% of the battery charge each day, and that useage is consistent and predictable, you could just as well shoot for recharging from 40% to 60% each night instead of charging from 80% to full each night. Takes a little fiddling with using both start and end timers, plus maybe skipping plugging in if/when the charge level builds to 80%, but it's not too hard to arrange.

There is also the option of fully recharging every other day, with a timer set to reach 100% right before the trip to work.

Back