Nissan expands NCTC to more markets

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redLEAF

I'm enjoying (a bit) this NCTC myself (albeit with a '12 LEAF as part of the battery degradation lawsuit) but looks like they've extended it to 11 more markets that include Las Vegas, Cleveland and Detroit -- 2 years of free public charging with new purchase or lease.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/05/n...r-competition-from-tesla-and-others-heats-up/

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/...harge-program-now-available-in-11-new-markets

Revised List of No Charge to Charge Cities:

Nissan's "No Charge to Charge" program is now available in 38 of the top markets for Nissan LEAF sales, including Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland/Akron, Columbia, Columbus, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Denver, Detroit, Fresno, Houston, Indianapolis, Knoxville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Monterey, New York, Nashville, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Ore., Providence, Raleigh-Durham, Reno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Seattle, Washington D.C.

Holy crap! Don't click the map on the second link if you just want a simple list of where the NCTC EVSEs are! Not only don't you get a list but you get 139 pages of ..........stuff, none of which talks about where the NCTC stations are at. Someone sure spent a lot of time compiling all the info in those 139 pages, but I for one don't have time to read any of it......

jjeff said:
Holy crap! Don't click the map on the second link if you just want a simple list of where the NCTC EVSEs are! Not only don't you get a list but you get 139 pages of ..........stuff, none of which talks about where the NCTC stations are at. Someone sure spent a lot of time compiling all the info in those 139 pages, but I for one don't have time to read any of it......

yeah, I noticed that as I was planning to add the map graphic to this post -- someone goofed within Nissan's digital media dept. Perhaps they're concentrating on other things ... new LEAF's certainly aren't flying off the shelf so they can get use all the help they can get!

Be careful to read and follow all of the restrictions if you want to avoid unexpected charges. Blink dropped L2s from the program and only some of their L3s are part of the program in Phoenix (with a maximum of 30 minutes per session). Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the program but I want to make sure new owners are not hit with unexpected charges.

Gerry

NCTC is worthless in Dallas. Almost all stations are Blink and they don't support NCTC anymore. Neither do the few ChargePoint stations around here.

Back