Nissan and BMW partnership - 120 DC stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redLEAF

Nissan and BMW are joining forces to offer public fast charging at 120 locations across 19 states in an effort to support Nissan LEAF and BMW i3 customers and to promote increased adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) nationwide.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/...-u-s-to-benefit-electric-vehicle-drivers?la=1

The breadth of Nissan and BMW’s fast-charger buildout is expansive, with fast chargers now available in California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, North and South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

I like the fact that IL, IN and WI are included on this list as I may yet be able to plan a longer than normal road trip now; nowhere near Tesla's SC initiative but with sales lagging until the next gen of larger batteries comes along this should help at least a bit in some potential new customers minds

(not to Moderators; didn't see this release mentioned earlier; if duplicated please merge)

To steal a comment on a Facebook group about this: "6 per state? The future is here." :lol:

I guess for some states, if 6 are/were added, that's actually a huge improvement.

And zero for Oregon. I just stopped to fill up my gasser and the quick charger had a line for it three deep. No thank you.

pkulak said:
And zero for Oregon. I just stopped to fill up my gasser and the quick charger had a line for it three deep. No thank you.
But you guys in OR have had the awesome WCEH/WCGH: http://www.westcoastgreenhighway.com/. Except for the lines, people w/CHAdeMO cars can fly thru OR and WA, compared to the crap we have in CA.

LeftieBiker said:
No list of planned locations? Upstate NY has a real need for these, at least near the East-West (I-90) and North-South (I-87) interstates.
The verbiage below implies that 120 are already in place as of Dec 21, 2015. I'm unclear whether there are more planned.
Dec. 21, 2015
A total of 120 dual-port 50kW fast-charging stations have been installed across 19 states to support longer distance electric vehicle travel for Nissan LEAF and BMW i3 drivers.
The breadth of Nissan and BMW’s fast-charger buildout is expansive, with fast chargers now available in California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, North and South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

cwerdna said:
pkulak said:
But you guys in OR have had the awesome WCEH/WCGH: http://www.westcoastgreenhighway.com/. Except for the lines, people w/CHAdeMO cars can fly thru OR and WA, compared to the crap we have in CA.

If you call waiting behind two people going all the way to 100% "flying", then sure. Haha

Back