Leaf Service Manual (1-Day Subscription?)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coffee_Slurry

Has anyone tried the 24-hour Subscription to the Service Manual?
http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/product.aspx?dept_id=18&sku=online1
It's only $19.99, but I worry that I'd pay only to find out it's not available yet. (The book and CD-ROM are not available yet.)

If anyone (dealership?) has general access and can check, please let us know if the Service Manual is available for online subscription.

garygid said:
Is it in English?
No. In the USA all techs desiring to become LEAF-certified must undergo a 3 year Japanese language training program and pass a rigorous language exam. :lol: (Sorry ... I could NOT resist!) (And I hope I am wrong! :lol: )

Pictures, charts, drawings, schematics sometimes do not get translated. Other parts are translated so poorly that the Tech-person has to contact Tech-Tech-Support to try and get better, or corrected, information.

garygid said:
Pictures, charts, drawings, schematics sometimes do not get translated.

Aww crap! I've been using Bentley manuals for my VWs for years to do my own maintenance and rebuilds - you mean I've been working with FOREIGN LANGUAGE PICTURES?!

Guys, we've gone over the 'pessimistic deep end' here... MORE LITHIUM FOR YOU! :lol:

I'm In!

Ok, the entire service manual is here in PDF format. Create an account first, then pay the $19.99 for 24 hours access.

Open in Internet Explorer (at least) as Chrome only shows the first 5 pages - IE let's us navigate all the links.

Wheeee!

(hey...who knew this thing was electric, anyway? :lol: )

AndyH said:
I'm In!

Ok, the entire service manual is here in PDF format. Create an account first, then pay the $19.99 for 24 hours access.

Open in Internet Explorer (at least) as Chrome only shows the first 5 pages - IE let's us navigate all the links.

Wheeee!

(hey...who knew this thing was electric, anyway? :lol: )

Access for read only? Or can you download the documents for future reference?

palmermd said:
Access for read only? Or can you download the documents for future reference?

Yes - the doc is broken into MANY separate PDF files that can be printed and/or saved to disk.

Shhh...don't interrupt...saving files... :lol:

Ok...first run thru the download loop is complete. 51 files; 84MB.

The cruise control/driver assistance chapter isn't populated but everything else appears to be in very fine condition.

Yes - it's all in English and reads like any other factory service manual I've seen. As a person that has no trouble doing their own mechanical and electrical diagnostic and repair/replacement work, I'm very happy with the manual after the first scan.

Nice job, Nissan!

[enter dancing forum icon here!] :lol:

This looks great! I used to pay hundreds for a good set of service manuals.

Confirmed 51 files, 84.0 MB (88,131,230 bytes).
:p

I had to use IE. Firefox and Chrome weren't able to follow links in the PDF for some reason.

Back