2015 Leaf article on Autobytel - misinformation?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfscott

I was reading this article about the 2015 Leaf and saw a couple of statements that I question. Specifically, the bolded sections below:

"The 2015 Nissan Leaf starts out in S trim, which comes with heated mirrors, power windows and door locks, 16-inch steel wheels, automatic climate control, cruise control, heated seats front and rear, Bluetooth connectivity, a folding rear seat, a CD player, a rearview camera, a 4.3-inch LCD touchscreen, and the previously-mentioned entry-level battery charger. Stepping up to the Nissan Leaf SV introduces a more aggressive charging system, a 7-inch touchscreen, a navigation system, more effective regenerative braking by way of the car's 'B' driving mode, a less-demanding climate control system that extends cold weather battery life, different cloth seats, and the Carwings remote charging management system. The top-tier Leaf SL installs LED headlights, the quickest charging port available, leather seats, a solar panel for powering the vehicle's accessories, 17-inch rims, and fog lights."

Are they saying that the "B" driving mode is different in different models (since I know all 3 models have it)? Is this true?

Also, what's the deal about a "more aggressive charging system"?

It also seems to be implying that only the SL has the DCQC option (assuming that's what they mean by "the quickest charging port available", which I also know is wrong since my Leaf S has it.

dfscott said:
Stepping up to the Nissan Leaf SV introduces a more aggressive charging system, a 7-inch touchscreen, a navigation system, more effective regenerative braking by way of the car's 'B' driving mode
Well, I would not use the phrase more aggressive charging system to describe the 6.6kWh charger, but it is standard on the SV and SL and an option on the S. I believe the '15 S (like the '13 S) only has ECO mode, which does the more effective regenerative braking but also the less aggressive accelerator peddle mapping. You don't have both modes but the functionality in coasting (and braking) is the same.
dfscott said:
The top-tier Leaf SL installs LED headlights, the quickest charging port available, leather seats, a solar panel for powering the vehicle's accessories, 17-inch rims, and fog lights."
The charge package, including the 6.6kWh and the DC quick charge port, is the same across all three models (just optional on the S) so I guess those sections you have marked are a bit misleading. But by that sites standards IMHO, this is pretty close to right.

jpadc said:
dfscott said:
Stepping up to the Nissan Leaf SV introduces a more aggressive charging system, a 7-inch touchscreen, a navigation system, more effective regenerative braking by way of the car's 'B' driving mode
Well, I would not use the phrase more aggressive charging system to describe the 6.6kWh charger, but it is standard on the SV and SL and an option on the S. I believe the '15 S (like the '13 S) only has ECO mode, which does the more effective regenerative braking but also the less aggressive accelerator peddle mapping. You don't have both modes but the functionality in coasting (and braking) is the same.
dfscott said:
The top-tier Leaf SL installs LED headlights, the quickest charging port available, leather seats, a solar panel for powering the vehicle's accessories, 17-inch rims, and fog lights."
The charge package, including the 6.6kWh and the DC quick charge port, is the same across all three models (just optional on the S) so I guess those sections you have marked are a bit misleading. But by that sites standards IMHO, this is pretty close to right.
B-mode is standard on all 2015 (and IIRR 2014) LEAFs, so the article is wrong on that count. It was originally unavailable on the S trim.

Back