No Charge to Charge (EZ-Charge) problem

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fetv

Today, it is the first time I tried the ez-charge card. It does not seem to be working, am I doing something wrong?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrvyTKaedoE[/youtube]

Are there anyone here actually made this working?

Every single person I've seen try to use this card has been unable to do so without having to call the help line to assist them in getting it going. That would be my first suggestion.

But, yes, in general terms it's a failure of a program.

You don't provide a lot of details....

In order for the card to work, you have to have a separate account set up at each of the charging providers you want to use in advance. Not all charging stations of each vendor participate in that program, so some will cost to use even if you have the "No charge to charge" card and your associated fob/card.

NRG eVgo stations, for example, are all supposed to work for free on that program (they were the ones that designed the program). But that is not the case for other providers. Some stations are free and some will cost to use. You'll have to contact those other providers and see what their fees are and for what stations...

Getting one fob to use at all stations isn't as easy as it first appears...

yes, I have signed up with all the provider networks providing with my credit card number. Am I correct that if the display says the cost is $0.49 then the sign up is correct? I don't have a blink card, I used my "No charge to charge" card to associate to blink. Is that the correct way? (I only have chargepoint card, but clearly in the video I was not using the chargepoint card)

Randy said:
You don't provide a lot of details....

In order for the card to work, you have to have a separate account set up at each of the charging providers you want to use in advance. Not all charging stations of each vendor participate in that program, so some will cost to use even if you have the "No charge to charge" card and your associated fob/card.

NRG eVgo stations, for example, are all supposed to work for free on that program (they were the ones that designed the program). But that is not the case for other providers. Some stations are free and some will cost to use. You'll have to contact those other providers and see what their fees are and for what stations...

Getting one fob to use at all stations isn't as easy as it first appears...

Use PlugShare. Always use PlugShare. They have the best info, because it's crowd-sourced.

See http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/18023" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you look at the comments, the L2 chargers are no longer free. You need to use DCQC.

fetv said:
yes, I have signed up with all the provider networks providing with my credit card number. Am I correct that if the display says the cost is $0.49 then the sign up is correct? I don't have a blink card, I used my "No charge to charge" card to associate to blink. Is that the correct way? (I only have chargepoint card, but clearly in the video I was not using the chargepoint card)

No, if you qualify for the free charge, at Blink stations, it will say something like "30[60] minutes of free charging grace period" or something like that. If it didn't say this, then your session won't be free.

I emailed [email protected] , below is their reply.
==========================================
I recommend visiting http://www.plugshare.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to verify if the station is part of the No Charge to Charge program.
Thank you,
Your friends at EZ-Charge
==================================
So the question is, if we are supposed to use plugshare, why does Nissan’s ez-charge says that:
To locate the eligible No Charge to Charge charging stations in your area, please refer to the map at https://www.EZ-Charge.com/stations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?

The original EV Charge card from the dealership never worked properly, but after several calls to customer support, they sent me a replacement card and it works great.

I have a L2 charger in my garage and only use the EV Charge card whenever I run low on charge running errands. The 440V charger at Walgreen's work great. Also, TXU has a free electricity at night plan (9pm-6am) that works great for me. Last month, 61% of my electricity was free.

Good luck.

2015 red Leaf SL commuting 40 miles round trip in Fort Worth

Back