Nissan experiments with a Leaf with glow in the dark paint

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlv

I'd take that option!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2950494/Would-drive-glow-dark-car-Nissan-creates-luminous-model-Leaf-glows-10-hours-thanks-UV-paint.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1096790_nissan-leaf-gets-glow-in-the-dark-paint-job-to-promote-solar-energy-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2599636300000578-2950494-The_paint_is_able_to_glow_for_between_eight_and_10_hours_when_th-m-22_1423736710169.jpg

Nissan needs to experiment with a TMS on their batteries. That would be a much better idea to be spending R&D funds on rather than glow in the dark paint. Now I see where Nissan's priorities really are and they aren't in the right places.

You misunderstand: the paint dissipates heat, by converting it to light. In Arizona a Leaf equipped with this TMS can blind oncoming drivers. In Canada in Winter, the car turns a deep, deep black... ;-)

CRLeafSL said:
Nissan needs to experiment with a TMS on their batteries. That would be a much better idea to be spending R&D funds on rather than glow in the dark paint. Now I see where Nissan's priorities really are and they aren't in the right places.

Couldn't agree more. This is a joke and gives one more reason for people to mock an electric car.

+1!

CRLeafSL said:

My non-Leaf EV's battery maintains 90% capacity after 3000 charging cycles, or a daily charge for over 8 years.

I'd agree with that TMS system.

Back