Used DCQC EVSE for the first time today!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadburner440

Well I went and used the station down on North Hampton Blvd at the Bojangles. It is a Signet 50kw unit, and as of yet appears to be unconnected to any of the major networks as it didn't ask me for a card. Stopped with approx. 36% charge, and we went in and had lunch. 34 minutes later came back out to the car and it was 86% charged, and the unit said it had taken a smidge over 14kwh in that time. Certainly is a game changer, and hopefully they put in a couple more than the 2 that are now already placed in the city. Makes me glad I took the NMAC offer to keep my Leaf. So for anyone else in the Norfolk area Plugshare says it is Coming Soon, but it is on and in operation. Unit is in the back corner right hand corner of the parking lot behind the restaurant. It is only a SAE CCS and Chademo headed charger though. So there is no L2 charging option in case you don't have the QC plug on your Leaf.

Roadburner440 said:
Well I went and used the station down on North Hampton Blvd at the Bojangles. It is a Signet 50kw unit, and as of yet appears to be unconnected to any of the major networks as it didn't ask me for a card. Stopped with approx. 36% charge, and we went in and had lunch. 34 minutes later came back out to the car and it was 86% charged, and the unit said it had taken a smidge over 14kwh in that time. Certainly is a game changer, and hopefully they put in a couple more than the 2 that are now already placed in the city. Makes me glad I took the NMAC offer to keep my Leaf. So for anyone else in the Norfolk area Plugshare says it is Coming Soon, but it is on and in operation. Unit is in the back corner right hand corner of the parking lot behind the restaurant. It is only a SAE CCS and Chademo headed charger though. So there is no L2 charging option in case you don't have the QC plug on your Leaf.
You should go on Plugshare and update it.

I can do that? I tried to write a review for it like I have done for other EVSE in the past, but it won't even let me do that. Didn't know I could edit charger information. I will go in and try to do it though.

Edit: Figured it out. Is now updated. Never knew I had the power to update stations other than my house.

Back