I now have 2 Chademo stations in my area!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadburner440

After 35 months of having a Leaf, and thinking I will never ever ever get to use my DCQC port I just seen on Plug Share they are installing 2 right here in Norfolk, VA! Right in a perfect area too for if I ever get forced to go around and take the long way home I can benefit from it. Hopefully can go when they open the one at Bojangles, but the one near MacArthur Mall shows it is already open. Installed by some new company I never heard of called Green Lots. I figured they would be NRG EVgo, but guess these guys are new comers to the EVSE arena?

Well, I too have four new ones in my area in Indianapolis. They are located at Ricker Oil / BP gas stations (I love the irony). Nobody seems to know much about them except that one employee told me that Nissan paid to put them in. PlugShare list most as coming soon and will be $5 per session. But if Nissan is really paying for them I assume they will be on the No Charge to Recharge program and listed on EZ Charge (https://www.ez-charge.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) but so far, the site says there are no markets in Indiana.

If someone here has info, please share

I wouldn't mind if they put them in at gas stations. I am just thankful they are getting put in. 99.9% of the time I don't need a station, but when I do I REALLY need it like when they decide to close the HRBT and I have to do the 50 mile loop around Hampton Roads in the dead of winter. That one gets dicey.

I'm not even sure who is paying for it. I think it is weird that out of the blue 2 Chademo's are going in, and one of those features that SAE combo. In almost 3 years there has only ever been 2 other public EVSE's in the entire area, and most of the dealerships are hit or miss so I don't count them as most only allow their brand (but this seems to be turning around as of late). $5 per session wouldn't be to bad. I am all about paying for it as I never expect a free ride. Just always thought there would never be any installs around here other than dealerships. I asked my dealer about getting their own from Nissan and they said it isn't their current future plans. Going to go check it out this weekend that is for sure.

I wonder if these are some of the ~300 stations that are supposed to be going in by April?

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/01/25/nissan-1700-chademo-chargers-april-2016/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drees said:
I wonder if these are some of the ~300 stations that are supposed to be going in by April?
Maybe this accounts for the Signet unit being installed in Asheville - a dual-headed CHAdeMO - CCS Combo.

Must be counted in that number I would imagine since they track the number installed nation wide. Just wonder if these means we will get more here by April 2016. I just have to make sure to go by and use them so that way whoever installs them can see some usage so they will hopefully install more. There isn't a real high density of EV's here so this initial install of chargers will probably make or break any plans for the future. I was seriously considering doing the Brusa install on my car, but with this new advent to my life I will shelve that. If they install 1 somewhere in Portsmouth, 1 in Chesapeake, and another somewhere in Williamsburg I will be golden just the way the car is. Not to mention saving several thousand dollars, and the trouble of taking the car apart to do the mod.

Back