You Might Be a Leaf Driver If...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You rocket away as soon as the light turns green, but then you drive at or below the speed limit on the freeway.

#16! In 2 1/2 months so far I've had 3 people ask me why they don't install regen motors on the aft wheels to charge the battery as I drive. When I explain you will expend more energy then you will get back, I get the dumb look.

#19. You have two or three pat answers ready to recite in a moment's notice for the most common questions. And sometimes preempt those questions from being asked in the first place by providing all of the basic information up front.

mbender said:
RonDawg said:
You rocket away as soon as the light turns green, but then you drive at or below the speed limit on the freeway.
(Related) #18: You do 0-40mph in 5 seconds, but if you can, you coast 40-0 in 50.

For ease of reference, OP might want to add new ones to the list in a different color.
Will do :mrgreen:

You've learned to watch the road and the energy info screen at the same time.

feldman04.jpg

When you get behind slow moving traffic on the freeway/highway, you are relieved.
-- Also, you initially think, "That must be another Leaf driver up there.."

desiv said:
When you get behind slow moving traffic on the freeway/highway, you are relieved.
-- Also, you initially think, "That must be another Leaf driver up there.."

About 2-1/2 months ago, a couple of friends and I were driving (in a rented ICEV) along the Columbia River Gorge towards Portland. It was snowing and the interstate was quite icy.

There was a long line of cars and trucks queued up behind a slow-moving Leaf :lol:

You go to buy a 12V battery for a different vehicle, and tell the parts person you're "looking for something with 7 or 8 GIDs". :?

In the wintertime, you are warm when you first get into your car, but cold when you arrive at your destination. (Just the opposite of most cars!)

You think the phrase "getting cold feet" is synonymous with "recirculate off".

Back