Nissan Maintenance Package - 2015 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tghorai

Hi,

I leased a leaf for 3 years. Dealers forced me a $600 for 3 years along with my lease and added to my 36 months payment. added approx 18$ more to my monthly payments. Some of my friends usually all basic maintenance is very minimar and comes with warranty nothing needed. Wondering is it worth in California?

Regards

tghorai said:
Hi,

I leased a leaf for 3 years. Dealers forced me a $600 for 3 years along with my lease and added to my 36 months payment. added approx 18$ more to my monthly payments. Some of my friends usually all basic maintenance is very minimar and comes with warranty nothing needed. Wondering is it worth in California?

Regards

What maintenance? The battery check? Free for the first couple times I think anyways.

tghorai said:
Hi,

Regards
forced you? how?

It is a typical dealer scam, especially for a Leaf. Such contracts can typically be canceled without penalties within several days. Do that.

Yes, cancel that $600 policy. You won't need it.

My dealer tried to sell me a plan with free oil changes. Seriously, he didn't realize the LEAF didn't use oil.

So when they "forced" you, did type of force did they use? Was it with a knife? A gun? Did they threaten to kill your dog if you didn't buy the package?

I'm going to presume for a moment that you weren't actually forced. Instead, you were merely asked a few times, and you said yes.

I too was asked. I said no. He asked again, I again said no again. He talked to his manager and came back with a cheaper price. I said no. That was it. No guns. No knives. No killing of beloved pets. Just 3 questions.

For the record, I'm coming up on 3 years with my LEAF. Other than new tires, I've not paid a penny for any maintenance. Well, actually, I take that back- I did fill up the washer fluid a few times. Does that count?

So when they "forced" you, did type of force did they use? Was it with a knife? A gun? Did they threaten to kill your dog if you didn't buy the package?

I'm going to presume for a moment that you weren't actually forced. Instead, you were merely asked a few times, and you said yes.

The dealer may have verbally refused to write a lease without it. That would be a type of coercion.

LeftieBiker said:

The dealer may have verbally refused to write a lease without it. That would be a type of coercion.

Even if that was the case, there isn't exactly a shortage of Leaf-certified Nissan dealers in California, nor a shortage of Leafs. There is no reason you must sign on the dotted line if you have any doubts about the deal, unless the dealership did this to your trade in: http://youtu.be/pTaTitRENDM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a case of the buyer wanting that new car so bad, they're ignoring their subconscious telling them to walk out of there. Sadly this is one of many such cases and certainly will not be the last.

Fortunately for the OP, California mandates a right to recission for motor vehicle maintenance contracts. It's 60 days for new cars, 30 days for used ones. However for the car itself there is no right of recission, so hopefully the OP was not screwed on the lease deal as well.

See http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/legal_guides/k-6.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for further details

Back