2014 Dec Plugin Sales Discussion : Leaf 3102 - Total 12874

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

Main question is - will Leaf get to 30k. Now it stands at 27,098 - so, needs nearly 3k to hit the mark. Obviously the psychological effect of lower gas price won't help much ...

update : Yes ! Leaf passes the 30k mark for the year.

If we go by insideevs.com's Model S numbers (3,500) - we could even have a record month eclipsing the previous record of 12,053.

Leaf 2375

Volt 1098

Disappointing year for my Volt and great year for my Leaf. Let's see what GM can offer in January for the new 2016 Volt.

Ian B

evnow said:
Main question is - will Leaf get to 30k. Now it stands at 27,098 - so, needs nearly 3k to hit the mark. Obviously the psychological effect of lower gas price won't help much ...

True, but end-of-year and the tax credits usually provide a boost.

Reminds me ... I should send out a note to local dealers to see if they're desperate to move a 2015 before year-end. If not I'll wait until end 2015 to replace my leased LEAF ....

3102 in December and 30200 in 2014.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1096118_nissan-leaf-sets-new-annual-record-for-u-s-electric-car-sales" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mkjayakumar said:
Not bad at all hitting the 3k mark in Dec and 30K mark for 2014. So much for lower gas prices.

InsideEVs made an interesting comment that PHEVs seemed to take a hit from the low gas prices while BEVs did not.
Hybrids got hit very hard from what I have seen so far.

With Ford, Smart and Kia still not reporting - the total is upto 10,700. I think the chances of hitting 12k and this month being the highest so far are good.

Zythryn said:
InsideEVs made an interesting comment that PHEVs seemed to take a hit from the low gas prices while BEVs did not. Hybrids got hit very hard from what I have seen so far.

Very interesting. My take is: people purchase a hybrid to EXTEND their mpg; people purchase an all-electric to ELIMINATE mpg. I know that I bought my Leaf to STOP using gas; I didn't really care about the price of gas (although it was much higher at the time).

Based on the 2014 US Tesla sales estimate (InsideEVs - http://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
of about 17K and the 2014 Tesla forecast of over 30K worldwide sales, will Tesla's ROW sales have reached
or exceeded 13K for 2014? If so, will Tesla's worldwide sales even exceed the Leaf's US 2014 sales?

Back