turning my Leaf in next month at the end of the Lease

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmp647

36 months and 48,000 nearly flawless miles but I am turning in my car in December.
I will be sad to see it go but I need a more usable car ( wife refuses to drive it ) I am shopping used Volts.
looking forward to Nissans next gen Leaf so I can be all electric again.

kmp647 said:
36 months and 48,000 nearly flawless miles but I am turning in my car in December.
I will be sad to see it go but I need a more usable car ( wife refuses to drive it ) I am shopping used Volts.

I wish my wife would refuse to drive the Leaf. How did you convince her?

I'm going to guess range issues...

48K miles in 3 years comes to what, about 1333m/mo or either 44 or 66 miles/day (depending on if you assume 5 or 7 day week) on average. I'm guessing that it is the rare person that drives the same amount every day so seems very likely that the OP ran into range issues - especially once down 2 bars.

I do applaud the OP for making good use of the car though!

My housemate drives a PIP, but she thinks my Leaf is Evil and won't drive it unless I'm riding along and need for her to drive. She doesn't like the smell of the recycled plastic interior (even though her Prius reeks of paint and vinyl, which makes *me* ill), thinks the ride is too harsh, and doesn't like how it steers - not mushy enough, I guess.

Have you scheduled your pre-return inspection with NMAC? Mine is Friday; it will be interesting to see whether there are any surprises.

I am going to call for my inspection in another week or so.
Hoping I am ok as I put new tire on at 35k
Rest of the car is in good shape.

My contract includes 48,750 miles and .15c per mile beyond that

I figure even if I go 1,000 over and it costs me $150, it's better than gassing up the Tundra!

WetEV said:
kmp647 said:

I wish my wife would refuse to drive the Leaf. How did you convince her?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LeftieBiker said:
My housemate drives a PIP, but she thinks my Leaf is Evil and won't drive it unless I'm riding along and need for her to drive.
Am I the only one here who thinks she's got it backwards? LOL I have a dislike, if not disdain, for Toyota and the PIP alike... and I used to hold the former in high regard! Seems to me now that they are effectively anti-BEV, milking their Prius cash cow, and snowing the public and regulators on hydrogen. They could yet surprise me/us and I'll be happy if and when they do, but I'm not holding me breath.

I still think the Prius, and especially the PHEV, are great cars. I think that the engineers who developed them are not responsible for (and maybe don't agree with) Toyota's management philosophy, and seem to have been allowed to keep their quality standards, unlike the rest of the Toyota divisions. As the rest of Toyota's line has slowly deteriorated since 2006, the Prius has gradually improved. The next incarnation of the PIP should be great.

LeftieBiker said:
I still think the Prius, and especially the PHEV, are great cars. I think that the engineers who developed them are not responsible for (and maybe don't agree with) Toyota's management philosophy, and seem to have been allowed to keep their quality standards, unlike the rest of the Toyota divisions. As the rest of Toyota's line has slowly deteriorated since 2006, the Prius has gradually improved. The next incarnation of the PIP should be great.

hmmm, I feel almost the opposite. I feel the Prius was a HUGE innovation that has rested on its laurels but at the same time, allowed other Toyota models to be improved. Not so much in sharing the hybrid technology but in just increasing efficiency in other ways.

As a Hybrid, the Prius is still king although it no longer is in a class by itself. Plenty of other options that are very close to them like the Fusion Hybrid. As a plug in?? I don't even consider them to be in that class and why? My 2010 Prius had ALL ELECTRIC range but it was very limited and I did not consider it a plug in because it had no plug. And there are other things "I" require before it becomes a plug in in my mind. The PiP does not come to mind...

kmp647 said:

sounds like divorce type words from her. at least she didnt hit you and your leaf with a golf club.

Depending on your commute you can probably do most of it on electricity with a Volt.

My work car is a plug-in Prius and it's one of the most dissatisfying cars I have ever driven. The electric range is so pitiful and 62 MPH-tops in EV mode should immediately disqualify it for carpool lane access. The Volt, however, has plenty of merits.

Back