Slow news day for EV's in Canada - Perpetual Motion Invented

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These types of posts show up about once every 6 months or so. :(
Everyone knows that the windmill I mounted on my Leaf roof generates far more electricity than a rotating axle anyway! :roll:

Better yet: buy two LEAFs and tow one in Regen, then swap them out. If both have little windmills on top, even better. :lol: :roll:

Every now and then someone I am talking to about my LEAF will look startled as a light bulb goes off in their heads and say, "You know what? If you pressed on your brakes at the same time as your accelerator you'd generate electricity as you drive!!"

It's amazing that a paper would actually publish such a letter.

For example, most gambling sites instantly close discussion whenever some "genius" invents a Martingale type system. (Doubling you wager after losses.)

I've been amazed at how many people have brought up such ideas when I explain that the LEAF has NO engine. When they suggest it, I explain that it DOES have regenerative braking (but many don't know what regen is either).

I've decided that perhaps the best course is to just say something like:
"Wow! What a FANTASTIC IDEA! Let me know how that works out for you with your ICE vehicle, all of the same principles apply there." ...but for some reason they never thought to apply them. Perhaps because it would consume more gas? ...and somehow this they understand; yet are more than willing to tell me how to modify MY EV.

Back