Ohio Dealer generates sales by promoting Lizard battery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JPWhite said:
Wonder if Nissan corporate will shut down this line of reasoning.
Especially since their statement is only half true:

"Previous Leaf models would see a reduction in battery life when the car was subjected to extreme hot or cold conditions. For 2015, Nissan has developed a new battery chemistry that defends against capacity loss from extreme temperatures and provides a more consistent battery life."

News to me that the new chemistry protects against battery capacity loss in cold conditions. :eek:

It does seem like if you are going to take the time to write a sys-con "news" article to get some free advertising that you would try to get it technically correct :?

No, what am I thinking, it's a car dealer :lol: :D :cool: :shock:

If they are touting the new battery chemistry, seems like there would be something on their Web site. Nothing there. Do have two 2015 LEAF SL in stock.

As a dealer I would want written and published confirmation of the "improved chemistry" if I was touting it publicly as a feature/benefit.
so far to date Nissan has not publicly stated anything about an improved heat tolerant battery.

Nothing is in the specs, on Nissan website anywhere.

I again ask everyone to think about that, aside from the comment made on this forum by a Nissan rep.

Trust but verify.

so far there is no verification.

Back