2014 August Plugin Sales Discussion : Leaf 3186 ,Total 11803

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

Numbers for August.

Monthly-Plugins.png

Totals-Plugins.png

ytd-bev-share.png

ytd-phev-share.png

Totals-Plugins-table.png

I see LEAF hanging close to 2,500. Volt, PIP may have a pop with more CA green stickers issued.
Seems like more reports of inventory on RAV4 so it may also have a last pop before it winds down. Also additional $1,000 lease incentive the past month.
Saw an I3 today so I guess at least 1 for the bimmer.

have to go with the 3000+ for pretty much the rest of the year. we should see some accelerating figures though closing in on 3500 or 4000 soon though.

I would be shocked. I mean shocked if they didn't surpass 3000 every month for the rest of the year.

They are making deals, the battery is better and we have a battery price.

One would have to be crazy to be a 2 car family looking for a new car and not consider the Leaf.

Throw in some mideast and Ukranian instability...

at this point an informed buyer could get into a 24mo lease and trade into a redesigned 2017 Leaf in the fall of 2016.
I would be very surprised if the Leaf receives and major update til the 2017 model.

Leaf 2 is still 2 yrs away. I don't think too many people will choose to wait - though it makes the case for a lease even stronger.

Since it is pure conjecture, someone's concept drawings, unfounded numbers, and not supported with any facts, I think those in the know will tend to dismiss it until real information is available...

RegGuheert said:
It won't affect August, obviously, but I wonder if the leaked MY2017 drawings and 186-mile range prediction will begin to have an impact on LEAF sales as that release gets closer and clearer.

TomT said:
Since it is pure conjecture, someone's concept drawings, unfounded numbers, and not supported with any facts, I think those in the know will tend to dismiss it until real information is available...

RegGuheert said:
It won't affect August, obviously, but I wonder if the leaked MY2017 drawings and 186-mile range prediction will begin to have an impact on LEAF sales as that release gets closer and clearer.

Right, Nissan is not a Tesla when it comes to product announcements.

DaveinOlyWA said:
have to go with the 3000+ for pretty much the rest of the year. we should see some accelerating figures though closing in on 3500 or 4000 soon though.
The 3000 number might be possible. The dealers around here seem to have plenty of inventory and the discounts seem to be pretty good.

To get much higher than that Nissan needs to figure out how to build out the charging network.

"To get much higher than that Nissan needs to figure out how to build out the charging network."

A special Nissan charging network is not a limiting factor in Leaf sales as is the case for Tesla.
The Leaf is a city commuter car where most owners charge once per day at home and supplement
that by visiting a Nissan dealer, a Blink station, a ChargePoint, or NRG station. To build a network
like Tesla's would be illogical given the Leaf's present limited range.

lorenfb said:
"To get much higher than that Nissan needs to figure out how to build out the charging network."

A special Nissan charging network is not a limiting factor in Leaf sales as is the case for Tesla.
The Leaf is a city commuter car where most owners charge once per day at home and supplement
that by visiting a Nissan dealer, a Blink station, a ChargePoint, or NRG station. To build a network
like Tesla's would be illogical given the Leaf's present limited range.

have to agree to a point. the biggest limiting factor I am seeing in the 2nd wave of buyers is perceived value. they think the price is too high for what the see as a "single" option car. IOW, a commuter or errand car. So its either cut the price or add at least 50 miles of range

I'm not willing to spend large amount of my time waiting for charge. I'm more interested in a 200 mile car, that can be used on the weekends and longish trips during the week.

TomT said:
Most people I talk to seem to be waiting for the cheaper Tesla. Few seem to have realized Nissan will have next Gen by 2017.

interestingly one of my coworkers is considering Fusion Energi because he doesn't like how Leaf looks and is waiting for Model 3.

Back