No Charge to Charge and Carwings???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamer2000

Drove 240 miles today from Sacramento to various places in the Bay Area...

My question is.....

Is there ANY way that I can use Carwings to filter out the No Charge to Charge stations to show through my navigation? I can do this on my phone with PlugShare.....but can't seem to do it within the Leaf's Navigation system....

Trying to focus my charges on the 39 stations that come up within a 250 mile radius of my house in Sacramento (VERY surprised this number is so little based on how many charging stations there actually are in this radius)...but wanting to do so without having to use my phone....

:)

Make sure you first update Carwings charging stations. Then using the system settings you can give the "No Charge to Charge" (NCTC) stations a unique icon. This way when you look at the map for nearby stations you can easily see on the map those that are in the "NCTC" network. Just my thoughts....

So you have the Nissan's EZ card for the NCTC program to be able to do what you're asking? If you are then you are definitely in the minority of peeps who got it.

Dreamer2000 said:
Bought my car on 7/11 and they handed it to me that day!!

Please keep us posted with your experience with the EZ go card, the ease of registering it, and any issues with your "daily" allowance of free juice from Nissan. Left out people like me want to know :).

Nice so far......Had to register with 5 different charging companies...

Then number of No Charge to Charge stations for a 250 mile radius around Sacramento is only 39.... The talk is bigger than the offer that's for sure...

Mine arrived recently, along with the letter that evgo was cancelling their free card early (on 7/30). I got one partial charge out of it when I tried out a new charger. No charge to charge doesn't cover that location, so no longer free.

The ez-charge card was supposed to mean you didn't need to carry a pile of cards. When I signed up for blink, they said I need their inlink card, and they would send me one. It hasn't arrived a week later.

The no charge to charge site said to allow 2 hours for the data to propagate before the card would be active on a given network. I signed up with nrg evgo, and their site said to expect 3 to 5 days before it would be active. At 7 days later, I have heard no confirmation. Still, way longer than 2 hours. OH, one more detail, it is nrg evgo that is managing the no-charge-to-charge/ez-charge thing, and they couldn't even match the speed they claimed.

So far, the program has been worthless.

Hey Nissan,

Just want to let you know that Tesla is an EV company that is eating your lunch with how to implement no charge to charge. You may have heard of 'em. It just works. Also, have you heard the charging station map sucks in the Leaf? Well, here's your chance to get plugshare in the Leaf. it does work. There, problems solved. no charge to fix. We ALL want you to succeed as an EV company, so PLEASE listen and get these issues resolved. Remember, that Tesla is next going after your breakfast and dinner. better get with it.

Love my Leaf, even with all the above. Just think how things would take off when you fix some of these things.

Back