Battery life meter 2015

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b96756

From Nissan's interior gallery for the 2015 - It looks like the battery capacity gauge no longer has bars. It looks like one continuous line.

005-large.jpg

Interesting.... I wonder if the info is buried some where or if dealer visit or a tool like Leaf Spy will be required?

Probably just a poor (overexposed) photo. Note that the "tree section" (which has segments in the circle) looks like one continuous line also.

Stoaty said:
Probably just a poor (overexposed) photo. Note that the "tree section" (which has segments in the circle) looks like one continuous line also.

Yes! And just joined with only one post?

or maybe reduce the complaints that the battery start losing its capacity and owners cant see it

lorenfb said:
Yes! And just joined with only one post?

Um..yes? I think it's safe to assume that everyone here had only one post at some point..

But thanks for the warm welcome.

The screen does look different , not sure about the capacity display, but.....

The MFD in the center shows " charged time "

I have never seen that is it new on 15's or did the 13 and 14 tell you how long you charged for?

My car only shows predicted time to charge

Hmm... the URL for the image seems to refer to 2013...
Code:
http://www.nissanusa.com/content/dam/nissan/vehicles/2013/leaf/colors-photos/interior-photos/005-large.jpg

jhm614 said:
Code:
http://www.nissanusa.com/content/dam/nissan/vehicles/2013/leaf/colors-photos/interior-photos/005-large.jpg

Good catch. I checked the galley for the 2014 and it's the same pic.

jhm614 said:
Code:

My 2013 (11/13) doesn't have the non-segmented display.

most of pictures on car mfg sites are renderings before the actual part is made so i m not surprised that the renderings are not the actual production. my 2014 is segmented

does your 2015 SL include " charged time" information in the MFD ?

my 2012 only shows "time to charge to 100% at 120"
and "time to charge to 100$ at 240v"

it doesnt tell me the duration of my charge as seems to be shown in the posted picture

Mine has "lapsed time" since reset.
Like I mentioned that's not a photo but a rendering for marketing.

I agree - the marketing department is making things up "again", look at the tree summery screen in the eyebrow above how can you have 4 trees on lest then 25 miles - and then "have" charged the car - it would require for a normal user to power of the LEAF in order to get the charge to start - so at that point the "trees" go away too.

That is why I hate "marketing" departments - they are the obvious start of all lies in any industry - trust me...

ralphmc said:
I agree - the marketing department is making things up "again", look at the tree summery screen in the eyebrow above how can you have 4 trees on lest then 25 miles - and then "have" charged the car - it would require for a normal user to power of the LEAF in order to get the charge to start - so at that point the "trees" go away too.

That is why I hate "marketing" departments - they are the obvious start of all lies in any industry - trust me...

or worst
they promise their customers the world and then Engineering have to come up with the answer and deliver it yesterday....... :)

Back