2015 Leaf available? Pricing?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bazooka

I just found out that a local (Rochester, NY) Nissan dealer has a 2015 Leaf S in stock. I knew they were coming soon, but this still seems pretty quick. Googling around seems to show a few dealers in the US claiming to have them.

The pricing seems a little odd. The entry for the car in question [http://www.visionnissanny.com/New-2015-Nissan-LEAF-S-Rochester-NY/vd/21302661] lists the MSRP at $32,000, including $1,250 for the F01 6.6kW charge package and another $320 for mats and splash guards. This gives us a base price for the S trim level of $30,430. If you take into account the discount mentioned on that page, it brings the pre-option price down to a more believable $29,106.

This is one of the two dealers (out of four, total) in the area that have wanted nothing to do with the Leaf and were a bad parody of car dealerships in general when I shopped there in January 2013, so I'm surprised that they have one at all. The fact that they seem to be marking up the car so they can then claim to be offering a $1,324 discount comes as no surprise.

Any thoughts on what's going on here?

Nothing has been officially announced yet. You can be sure when there is an announcement we'll have long sticky threads about it here ...

evnow said:
Nothing has been officially announced yet. You can be sure when there is an announcement we'll have long sticky threads about it here ...

I'm sure there will be a lot of discussion here -- this is the first place I turn for all things Leaf related.

But I think it's a bit weird, to say the least, that at least a few dealers have them in advance of any announcement. Nissan's site still shows 2014 pricing, for example, and I couldn't find 2015 prices on any of the usual third party sites.

Bazooka said:
I just found out that a local (Rochester, NY) Nissan dealer has a 2015 Leaf S in stock. I knew they were coming soon, but this still seems pretty quick. Googling around seems to show a few dealers in the US claiming to have them.

The pricing seems a little odd. The entry for the car in question [http://www.visionnissanny.com/New-2015-Nissan-LEAF-S-Rochester-NY/vd/21302661] lists the MSRP at $32,000, including $1,250 for the F01 6.6kW charge package and another $320 for mats and splash guards. This gives us a base price for the S trim level of $30,430. If you take into account the discount mentioned on that page, it brings the pre-option price down to a more believable $29,106.

This is one of the two dealers (out of four, total) in the area that have wanted nothing to do with the Leaf and were a bad parody of car dealerships in general when I shopped there in January 2013, so I'm surprised that they have one at all. The fact that they seem to be marking up the car so they can then claim to be offering a $1,324 discount comes as no surprise.

There are two 2015's in stock in San Diego.
http://www.mossynissan.com/all-inventory/index.htm?listingConfigId=auto-all&accountId=&compositeType=new&year=2015&model=LEAF&bodyStyle=&trim=&odometer=&internetPrice=&start=0&sort=&facetbrowse=true&searchLinkText=SEARCH_INVENTORY&showInvTotals=false&showRadius=false&showReset=false&showSubmit=true&facetbrowseGridUnit=BLANK&showSelections=true&dependencies=model%3Amake%2Ccity%3Aprovince%2Ccity%3Astate&suppressAllConditions=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Bazooka said:

It could be just part of their allotment of cars. Like, Nissan gives every qualified dealer at least one LEAF.

No doubt this is true. I was more focused on the weirdness of cars being on dealers' lots before the official pricing is announced. Presumably the dealers know the pricing, since they can, you know, actually sell them. So why not make the announcement?

Bazooka said:

Good Luck with LEAF shopping in Rochester, I live there and had 0 luck when looking for one, NONE of the dealerships want to sell them it seems (Dorschel being the worst with their "Clear" *cough*ripoff*cough* pricing). You might want to look out of Rochester (say Buffalo). I finally threw in the towel after a year of looking and working with the dealerships and got a Volt.

dbhjed said:
Bazooka said:

Good Luck with LEAF shopping in Rochester, I live there and had 0 luck when looking for one, NONE of the dealerships want to sell them it seems (Dorschel being the worst with their "Clear" *cough*ripoff*cough* pricing). You might want to look out of Rochester (say Buffalo). I finally threw in the towel after a year of looking and working with the dealerships and got a Volt.

I believe you, but I think your experience and mine were quite different when I was Leaf shopping early in 2013. Ideal and Vision were useless, Dorschel was, well, Dorschel, and Hoselton knew what they were talking about, had a few on the lot, and were good too work with all the way around.

Bazooka said:
I believe you, but I think your experience and mine were quite different when I was Leaf shopping early in 2013. Ideal and Vision were useless, Dorschel was, well, Dorschel, and Hoselton knew what they were talking about, had a few on the lot, and were good too work with all the way around.

My issue with Hoselton was they didn't want to flex much on the price at all, it was basically MSRP or bust. It was funny shopping around Hoselton said that they were selling like hot cakes and Dorschel said they are a specialty vehicle that doesn't sell a lot. Both didn't want to move much from MSRP both of which seemed inflated before the "discount".

I was hoping that the new Bob Johnson Nissan would get an EV license since their Chevy Dealership sells Volts, but after talking with them for a few months, it doesn't seem likely. I think having Bob Johnson get the LEAF would be key to getting a good amount of them around and at a decent price.

I just checked the Nissan dealer in Atlanta, (Gwinnet Ga) and he had 56 2015 leafs in stock! Most are s models with just a couple sv's, and sl's. 56!!!!! They might be a shipping point to other dealers I suppose, but my goodness that's a lot of leafs for one dealer. The funny thing was absolutely no new color blue ones in stock. Here is the link... http://www.gwinnettplacenissan.com/all-inventory/index.htm?listingConfigId=auto-new%2Cauto-used&compositeType=&year=&model=LEAF&bodyStyle=&trim=&odometer=&internetPrice=&start=0&sort=&facetbrowse=true&searchLinkText=SEARCH_INVENTORY&showInvTotals=false&showRadius=false&showReset=false&showSubmit=true&facetbrowseGridUnit=BLANK&showSelections=true&dependencies=model%3Amake%2Ccity%3Aprovince%2Ccity%3Astate&suppressAllConditions=compliant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Also, Nissan is offfering a $3500.00 rebate. Looks like great deals to be had on the 2015's.

Dave

Wow, that IS a lot of cars for one dealer. Looks like most of the S have the QC package, and is about $600 more than the 2014. You would think that there should be some good deals on 2014's out there.

MisterC said:
Wow, that IS a lot of cars for one dealer. Looks like most of the S have the QC package, and is about $600 more than the 2014. You would think that there should be some good deals on 2014's out there.
Yes, but you will probably get a non-Lizard battery with the 2014 (uncertain when the change was made) which would not be worth the savings unless you live in a very cool climate.

I still think its unwise to assume a 2015 Leaf has an improved battery until it is stated in te specs or on the window sticker, or publicly proclaimed by Nissan.

Anyone who buys a 2015 leaf who is presuming based on Brians statement here on the forum that the car has some lizard battery is gullible in my opinion.

kmp647 said:
I still think its unwise to assume a 2015 Leaf has an improved battery until it is stated in the specs or on the window sticker, or publicly proclaimed by Nissan.
One problem with that approach is that the Lizard battery is apparently here (or very close), whereas it is likely that none of the conditions listed above will ever be met. A decision sometimes has to be made with limited data.

kmp647 said:
...Anyone who buys a 2015 leaf who is presuming based on Brians statement here on the forum that the car has some lizard battery is gullible in my opinion.
There is Nissan's official statement that said they were working on it. There was also another Nissan person who said it was coming soon, as in available this summer. I would say there is sufficient evidence to objectively conclude a high probability that the battery is improved. How much of an improvement is a different issue.

kikbuti said:
There is base price, dealer invoice, and VPP price listed for 2015 Leaf on insidenissan.com.
MSRP is at the pricing tab of http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/presskits/us-2015-nissan-leaf-press-kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I noticed some a few changes for the SV under the Spec tab, which seem to be (late availability), like the move to 17" wheels and Michelin Energy Saver tires on the the SV.

The 2015 SV's on that site appear to have an alloy wheel that looks very similar to the wheel on the S model. Or is that the same wheel I'm seeing? Or maybe the SV I was looking at is really an S?

Back