Level 2 - 32 A EVSE for sale

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelBornstein

I have a 32A L2 EVSE for sale. This was originally built by GlennD, but came with a Blink J1772 cable. I have modified it by using a Quick Charge Power 40A 18' J1772 cable which is of much higher quality (and unfortunately more expensive :( ). A complete description of the system can be found at:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=15896&p=354620#p354620" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The system uses 40A relays and therefore I recommend that you keep the current down to 32A or below. It will ususally work on 110V but was designed for 240V. I have modified the 14-50 plug so that it will work on all of the 14-xx series of sockets. I can deliver the unit to a Cerritos EV club meeting, or can ship at cost. I am charging $425 for the unit (+shipping). I know Glenn charged $400, but the new cable cost at least $50 more than the Blink cable. Contact me @ 661-496-3620.

My questions are:

1) Why didn't Glenn replace the cable or take back the EVSE?

2) After you went through all that effort to get it fixed, why are you now selling it?

Simple answers. Glenn offered to take it back, but I liked it so much that I decided to just switch the cable. Glenn gave me a refund for the other cable.

Eventually, Glenn came out with a design rated at 40A (using 80A relays). Since I have a RAV4 EV that will charge at 40A, I had him build me one of those. On my unit I also used the Quick Charge Power cable.

z0ner said:
My questions are:

1) Why didn't Glenn replace the cable or take back the EVSE?

2) After you went through all that effort to get it fixed, why are you now selling it?

He went the high priced route. I built a 40A unit for him and then he converted the earlier unit to 40A. This gains him a 12V unit that does L1 and L2 vs a 240V unit. Both work fine as L2 units.

Back