2014 June Plugin Sales Discussion : Leaf 2347, Total 11893

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

Monthly-Plugins.png

Totals-Plugins.png

Totals-Plugins-table.png

Hopefully June will be as big... but I fear just because school is over.. vacations are on... that it might go flat... and then pick up again around August. But If they intro new options or combos or colors it could improve it.

evnow said:
How about Leaf - with the highest ever recorded in May - apparently out of nowhere and impending '15 release.
Perhaps these things are related. I wonder if the dealers had extra incentives to get rid of as many 2014s as possible before the 2015s came in the door.

I also wonder if Nissan has decided to crank up battery production to a higher level beginning with MY2015. If the rumors of the "hot battery" being in place are true, this would be the time to really try to push the LEAF out in volume.

RegGuheert said:
I also wonder if Nissan has decided to crank up battery production to a higher level beginning with MY2015. If the rumors of the "hot battery" being in place are true, this would be the time to really try to push the LEAF out in volume.
I expect lower, rather than higher, battery output initially with the new chemistry. They will raise the output after a few months once they are happy with how it is performing.

evnow said:
I expect lower, rather than higher, battery output initially with the new chemistry. They will raise the output after a few months once they are happy with how it is performing.
Agreed. But the incentive to limit the number going out to customers will be removed (assuming it achieves the kind of durability that the market expects). So they should be able to ramp it up as much as the LEAF market will bear.

What we don't know is how many new batteries may have already been produced and are ready to go into vehicles.

evnow said:
RegGuheert said:

not sure its that easy to quickly assess the performance of a new chemistry and hoping that they have already done that footwork.

the other thing is batteries are built in process that is similar to micro processors in a very loose manner of speaking. the process is done in batches that take several weeks so micro managing output is not that easily done. there is a build time, cure time, etc... that can't be hurried.

as far as predictions? I think it will go up. the days of less than say 2700-2800 sales is gone. the momentum bred from word of mouth has finally arrived. I predict another record month of 3177

DaveinOlyWA said:
the momentum bred from word of mouth has finally arrived.
It will have to come from word-of-mouth since I see nothing in the MY2015 information that Nissan has released that yells "NOW IS THE TIME TO RUN OUT AND GET A LEAF!".

RegGuheert said:
evnow said:
How about Leaf - with the highest ever recorded in May - apparently out of nowhere and impending '15 release.
Perhaps these things are related. I wonder if the dealers had extra incentives to get rid of as many 2014s as possible before the 2015s came in the door.

Lots of '13s still in inventory here. Wonder how big the incentives will be to get rid of them.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
RegGuheert said:
evnow said:

Lots of '13s still in inventory here. Wonder how big the incentives will be to get rid of them.

As announced the incentives are $3500 credit for buyers, not leasers, of 2013 and 2014 models.

Unless you got one hell of a deal, purchasing a 2013 that has been sitting around for some time degrading would likely be a fool's errand...

DNAinaGoodWay said:

TomT said:
Unless you got one hell of a deal, purchasing a 2013 that has been sitting around for some time degrading would likely be a fool's errand...

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Central MA - may be not that bad, definitely should get a big discount.

TomT said:

DNAinaGoodWay said:

+1 on that. my first criteria was getting a LEAF with manufacture date no more than 4 months old (because it was Winter. It would probably be two months if Summer). As it is, I got mine Dec 21, 2013 manufacture date was 11/13 so within 2 months and all the time during cool weather.

on retrospect; I would be willing to get a LEAF with more time on the lot but with concessions. Either cash or free charging at Chargepoint (the outlier in their networked charging deal) or whoever else that has presence in your area

And I'd not buy anything without first plugging in some form of meter to get a true read on battery condition...

DaveinOlyWA said:
TomT said:
Unless you got one hell of a deal, purchasing a 2013 that has been sitting around for some time degrading would likely be a fool's errand...quote="DNAinaGoodWay"]Lots of '13s still in inventory here. Wonder how big the incentives will be to get rid of them.
+1 on that. my first criteria was getting a LEAF with manufacture date no more than 4 months old (because it was Winter. It would probably be two months if Summer). As it is, I got mine Dec 21, 2013 manufacture date was 11/13 so within 2 months and all the time during cool weather. On retrospect; I would be willing to get a LEAF with more time on the lot but with concessions. Either cash or free charging at Chargepoint (the outlier in their networked charging deal) or whoever else that has presence in your area

USA June Plugin sales LEAF ~ 4,000. June tends to be the year's high and sets the bar for the last 6 months of the year

UK, Mitsu Outlander PHEV to outsell all others EVs and BEVs combined :eek:

cgaydos said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:
RegGuheert said:

As announced the incentives are $3500 credit for buyers, not leasers, of 2013 and 2014 models.

I 'JUST' took ownership of my Leaf S 2014 with 6.6kWh package, and my lease incentive was $8,225, plus some other incentives the dealer put in, I just paid under $20k for my Leaf S. I couldn't find any 2013s that I liked around here, but the only one I saw had couple thousand miles already as it has been used quite a bit for demo-rides; as that was the one they gave me for testing. All the other ones were nicely wrapped; as mine was. I guess they are being pretty picky and not test driving the actual vehicle, rather testing a demo-ride.

Let the savings begin!

Alex32817 said:
cgaydos said:

I 'JUST' took ownership of my Leaf S 2014 with 6.6kWh package, and my lease incentive was $8,225, plus some other incentives the dealer put in, I just paid under $20k for my Leaf S. I couldn't find any 2013s that I liked around here, but the only one I saw had couple thousand miles already as it has been used quite a bit for demo-rides; as that was the one they gave me for testing. All the other ones were nicely wrapped; as mine was. I guess they are being pretty picky and not test driving the actual vehicle, rather testing a demo-ride.

Let the savings begin!

Glad you got a LEAF and that you're happy with it! The $8,225 includes $7,500 of federal tax credit to NMAC. So, Nissan is giving a lot more of a subsidy to buyers than leasors.

TomT said:

DNAinaGoodWay said:
With incentives and a great shot at getting a new lizard battery under warranty.... might be a great deal.

Overall I think sales can start climbing with the dark cloud of battery replacement resolved.

Back