Massachusetts EV Rebate

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DNAinaGoodWay

Starts today, first come first served:

http://insideevs.com/massachusetts-now-offers-2500-rebate-plug-vehicle-purchases/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Volt, i3Rx, and ELR get full amount.

No extra perks.

$1.86M cap, so 744 rebates if all at full, no waiting list announced.

I hope so too. What I hear is that they'll be watching the funding closely. It's one of those cases where they want to be the victim of their own success. And there may be some planning for a waiting list going on behind the scenes as this is just a temporary administrative program. Legislation to make it longer term (until 2020 last I saw) and provide funding (unsure how much) is in the works. So this will be the trial period to see how well it's received. But I'll be watching the funds closely too, if they start to go quickly, I may re-lease before my November end date. That'll lock me in for 3 years, and by then, hopefully, that Tesla Gen 3 or other higher range cars will be available. I'm kind of disappointed that an affordable longer range car isn't here yet. Probably come next year, and I'll have to wait two more years to get one. Oh well, at least I'll be getting rid of the 3.3 OBC.

From page 7 of the MOR-EV implementation manual:

Waitlist
Rebate requests will continue to be accepted in order they were received until 90% of the rebate funding is reserved. At this point, a wait list will be established and each applicant will be advised that the funds may expire before they receive a rebate. Waiting list warnings and graphics on available funds (remaining and Issued/Reserved) will be posted within 1 working day of reaching this funding amount. If additional funds become available, a new rebate period will start and anyone on the wait list will be notified and receive funding first. The website will clearly describe the wait list process. The Administrator will keep in contact with the DOER contact twice each week following the beginning of the wait list. This contract accounts for the cost of administering a total of $1,860,000 in rebate funds. Any additional rebate processing will require additional Administrator funding.

Full manual here:

https://mor-ev.org/sites/default/files/docs/Implementation%20Manual%20for%20MOR-EV.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One month in and 12% of the current funds have been reserved. None issued yet.

At that rate, current funds will last until February 2015. Hopefully they'll add some more money to carry it over to June.

As someone expecting a rebate on this program, I do wonder why it takes them 75 days to write the check after approval.... administrative processes, ug.

However, I"m happy it is there - certainly pushed me over the edge to buy. I think the temporary nature of it may actually be good as well - keep dealers from (as obviously) factoring the rebate into their selling prices.

Slow1 said:
As someone expecting a rebate on this program, I do wonder why it takes them 75 days to write the check after approval.... administrative processes, ug.

However, I"m happy it is there - certainly pushed me over the edge to buy. I think the temporary nature of it may actually be good as well - keep dealers from (as obviously) factoring the rebate into their selling prices.

They write the checks in CA, then they send them in a 2011 with no QC, and mostly using L1, so it just takes a while to get here. :roll:

And still no rebate checks written... "up to 75 days" apparently means "exactly 75 days" to the administrators.

I'm not so much in a hurry to get it - I'm sure it will come in, but as someone who does very little in the way of business via mail, I'm worried about losing the check when it comes in. Wish these things would allow for direct deposit of funds...

Anyway, good program, interesting to see that the claim rate is somewhat constant - I wonder if the Mass RMV has seen an uptick in electric car registrations or if perhaps the $'s are just going to folks who statistically would have bought anyway...

I'd guess the latter, but then they don't promote it, most people I talk to about it are unaware of it.

Now at 31%, very slight uptick, still on track to last through January.

Finally issued the first funds, so must be 75 days in at least.

Tip: when you're signing forms electronically at a dealer, have them email you a copy, makes it easier to submit for the rebate later.

Got an email saying my rebate was mailed on Friday, should arrive almost exactly 75 calendar days after my application was approved.

Funds remaining at 48%, seems to have slowed a little, should last through March at this rate.

Our EV rebate here in IL has a $4K limit (10% of MSRP) so a LEAF was a little less, Tesla S gets the full amount, etc. but just as long or longer as MA for the an actual check (and not a tax credit) to arrive. There are few programs at the state level and they're all over the board (we also get discounted plates for 100% EV's and a 50% rebate on an installed EVSE) so hearing more about MA doing theirs is at least encouraging.

Six months in and just over 1/3 of funds left. Still on track to last through mid/late March. When it gets down to 10%, they'll start a list up. When funds run out, anyone left on the list will have to wait for additional funds this year, or maybe until next fiscal year starts in July, they haven't announced anything yet.

I applied for the rebate a couple weeks ago and got #669, so it looks like they may be nearing the end.

Back