Albany, Oregon to Seattle, WA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finman100

What is the best way to EV this? What I'm asking is, how do I plan (website, app, GPS in the Leaf?) this trip? I am having no luck getting the distance between charging stations, other than manually using Google maps with the addresses from PlugShare. Any help is greatly appreciated! I've tried GreenRace, but ???

PS Off-topic... Is there trickle charging at PDX? (I see there are six Level 2 chargers on level 4 of the parking garage). How about 120V outlets for parking 4 days or so? Again, thanks! Love the Leaf so far.

Curt

Okay, successful trip! I will answer my own post. Drove 555 miles @ 4.2 miles/kwhr. Trip was around 7.5 hours going north, with about 7 hours coming back south. Traffic around Tacoma as well as South Seattle was very heavy (bridge lane closures/construction?) More details as I assemble my notes and such, as this was the longest distance so far in my 3 -week-old Leaf. yay!

Bottom line: it was very cool and exciting to do this. NO GAS. wow. Quickcharging does make a hot battery. I was in the 7-8 temp bars, then the final QC put me at 10 battery bars. Not good, but that's how it goes. Average weather was 64 and cloudy with periods of rain, then mist (on the way north). Coming back south was warmer, about 70 and sunny. Winds were not that noticeable so can't really report that element.

I'm out of town the rest of the week so give me some time and more details will be here...

Curt

Back