I'm testing the E-NV200 until July

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JK1

There are only two of the E-NV200 in the United States and both prototypes were built on the existing Leaf running gear and a NV200 van body, It was built in Barcelona Spain and modified in Smyrna Tenn. for my Electrical use. It drives really nice and smooth and the Battery is lasting all day in city driving. It's a blast to drive and it hauls more that you would think . It's a little work horse for sure. ~ Jim

5e7q8.jpg

wy4gb.jpg

P71VIC said:
Sweet. Is there a three row seating configuration as an option?

I have been told that there will be many configurations for the e-NV200 , But for 2014 Nissan wants to test the Commercial market for delivers and utility use. And It's been a Big Hit here in Portland Oregon for the week I've had it.

EngravEER said:
Good stuff Jim! Could we trouble you for a few interior shots as well? Would love to see what she looks like on the inside.

No Problem I will take some interior pics tomorrow when I'm back at work... It's pretty plain since it's a work truck , But I will definitely post some pics for you.

Relieved that logo is PGE not PG&E. That & doubles your electric rates. "Who Killed the Electric Car?" PG&E with their usurious rates.

drees said:
Cool! How many miles do you normally drive a day? Any mid-day charging required?
I normally drive 20 - 40 miles a day and no need to mid-day charge. All of my driving is City in downtown Portland Or. in Mode B to regenerate as much electricity as possible.

srl99 said:
Relieved that logo is PGE not PG&E. That & doubles your electric rates. "Who Killed the Electric Car?" PG&E with their usurious rates.

Your correct ! " Portland General Electric " not PG&E ! Hahaha

PGE has numerous EV vehicles in it's fleet and our CEO and several VP's and employees have EV cars too. Thats why Nissan picked PGE to help test their new EV van.

Lucky you! But what's to test? It's a LEAF with a bigger body. Beefed up suspension? Heavier? Jim, what's your M/kWh?

Wish they'd just start making them here. This turtle speed production is a drag.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Lucky you! But what's to test? It's a LEAF with a bigger body. Beefed up suspension? Heavier? Jim, what's your M/kWh?

Wish they'd just start making them here. This turtle speed production is a drag.

I might of used the wrong discription when I wrote " Testing " Evaluating for Comercial use might be a better discription ;)

Nissan has been very receptive to any changes that are needed to compete in the Utility/Delievery environment. For Example .... Lower gearing, larger Battery, Longer body, Charging ports , Taller tires, Raising the tail lights for better visability. ect. ect.

I'll have to check the M/KWh when I get to work, But I always have the Auto temp set at 66 degrees along with charging a Computer/Phone/Radio/Hotspot all day in the city... And still don't have to mid-day charge it.

DanCar said:
What is the top speed? Specs say 75 mph.

The Highways here are 65 mph and it rides very smooth without using much power to achieve this, So I would say it can easily get up to 75 mph without any problems .

JK1 said:
Nissan has been very receptive to any changes that are needed to compete in the Utility/Delievery environment. For Example .... Lower gearing, larger Battery, Longer body, Charging ports , Taller tires, Raising the tail lights for better visability. ect. ect.
Too bad they don't have that kind of responsiveness to the consumer market

JK1 said:
The Highways here are 65 mph and it rides very smooth without using much power to achieve this, So I would say it can easily get up to 75 mph without any problems .
Here in California and Arizona people often drive at 85+, so wondering if it can get to that speed.

JK1 said:
drees said:
Cool! How many miles do you normally drive a day? Any mid-day charging required?
I normally drive 20 - 40 miles a day and no need to mid-day charge. All of my driving is City in downtown Portland Or. in Mode B to regenerate as much electricity as possible.
Nice, sounds like you have the perfect typical day for the vehicle. In the event you do need to drive farther, what are you plans for charging?

I drove one around the block at the Nissan Research Center in Silicon Valley last Wednesday at a special SF BayLEAFs event. It had a smaller LEAF-based driver display but the LEAF center dashboard display was replaced with a prototype-quality cheap 3rd-party GPS unit. It also had a conventional-looking shifter handle.

It feels like driving a van and is noisier than a leaf due to less upholstery and padding and the open cargo area. With proper charging facilities I can see this being a very successful local delivery van perfectly suited to stop-and-go traffic.

DanCar said:
JK1 said:
Here in California and Arizona people often drive at 85+, so wondering if it can get to that speed.

Driving at 85+ MPH is a great way to be disappointed in the range of an electric car that doesn't have a Tesla-sized battery pack, plus a great way to get a speeding ticket in California. Plus that's not the point of this vehicle...it's meant specifically for urban driving with frequent stops, which is what most delivery vans are subjected to, and for which the internal combustion engine is horribly inefficient.

Back