thankyouOB
Posts: 3583
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:14 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1442
Location: Coastal LA

Re: Update on Battery Warranty Enhancement for 2011 & 2012 L

Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:41 pm

^ yes, and a scorching reception from LEAF owners who want some answers and straight-talk from them about the battery replacement pricing.

and i love my LEAF.
Last edited by thankyouOB on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thankyouOB
Posts: 3583
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:14 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1442
Location: Coastal LA

Re: Update on Battery Warranty Enhancement for 2011 & 2012 L

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:23 pm

the meet up with nissan bigs is tomorrow in phoenix.

will one of the attendees -- you know who you are -- promise to update us on all that was said at the show?
no promises to nissan by attendees that you are special and the rest of us are mushrooms.

on the agenda:
syb* program
and
battery degradation


*steal your battery program

want a new battery for your that old LEAF of yours?. NGH. nissan will steal your battery and lease you a replacement for ~$100 a month payment that continues forever. you never own the battery. you never get anything for your stolen battery.
you never get to own your car and its battery again.
may reserve/delivery 4/30/11
--
ECOtality/LADWP/ Blink 4/4/11
--
Gardena Nissan, msrp -1k
red SL with etec L3
SOLAR POWERED since 2008

KJD
Posts: 1348
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:06 am
Delivery Date: 08 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 15656
Location: SLC, UT
Contact: Website

Re: Update on Battery Warranty Enhancement for 2011 & 2012 L

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:31 am

BBrockman wrote:Hi everyone:
First of all, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Brian Brockman, and I am a senior manager in corporate communications at Nissan, based at our Americas HQ in Franklin, Tenn. While LEAF is fairly new to my list of official job responsibilities, I've been engaged in the program for some time, serving as our Midwest communications manager based in Michigan since 2007.

Does anyone from Nissan still read this forum ?

If so would you please give us a summary of today's meeting in Phoenix.

KJD
2012 SL Delivered 12/08/2011
Sold 05/12/2015
2012 Tesla Model S 85

evchels
Gold Member
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:50 pm

Re: Update on Battery Warranty Enhancement for 2011 & 2012 L

Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:19 am

KJD wrote:Does anyone from Nissan still read this forum ?

If so would you please give us a summary of today's meeting in Phoenix.

KJD


Yes, I'm sure they do! :)

This is a much smaller and somewhat informal event (so no big presentations or videotaping planned). But most of the drivers attending are active in this forum, and I'll be there too. Between us, we'll do our best to convey whatever information is shared tonight. And I will encourage Brian B and the others to get back in here too.

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 13081
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Update on Battery Warranty Enhancement for 2011 & 2012 L

Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:59 am

this probably goes without saying but lets have someone push for a tiered option

like $100 a month for 2 years

$85 a month for 3 years

$70 a month for 4 years

or various levels of degradation. This "one size fits all" model simply does not work
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 8743 miles, 485 GIDs, 37.6 kwh 111.39 Ahr , SOH 96.49, Hx 114.98
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BBrockman
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:44 am
Delivery Date: 21 Oct 2013
Location: Franklin, TN
Contact: Website

Re: Update on Battery Warranty Enhancement for 2011 & 2012 L

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:01 am

evchels wrote:
KJD wrote:Does anyone from Nissan still read this forum ?

If so would you please give us a summary of today's meeting in Phoenix.

KJD


Yes, I'm sure they do! :)

This is a much smaller and somewhat informal event (so no big presentations or videotaping planned). But most of the drivers attending are active in this forum, and I'll be there too. Between us, we'll do our best to convey whatever information is shared tonight. And I will encourage Brian B and the others to get back in here too.


I'm still here, and do plan to provide some updates on a number of topics from the information discussed this evening.

thankyouOB
Posts: 3583
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:14 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1442
Location: Coastal LA

Re: Update on Battery Warranty Enhancement for 2011 & 2012 L

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:18 pm

^^ thanks!!

I love my LEAF, but i reject the SYB program, and would advise against any future purchase by those who like to own their car or pay it off after a reasonable time.
may reserve/delivery 4/30/11
--
ECOtality/LADWP/ Blink 4/4/11
--
Gardena Nissan, msrp -1k
red SL with etec L3
SOLAR POWERED since 2008

User avatar
mwalsh
Posts: 9504
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Update on Battery Warranty Enhancement for 2011 & 2012 L

Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:23 am

I know the meeting was only yesterday, but...

Really? No one attending have ANY comment yet?
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 75,000 miles.
2015 pack under warranty 12/30/15.
Tinted windows.
Bridgestone Ecopia 422+ tires.
L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
GT-R map lamp lenses.
AV L2 EVSE.

User avatar
jhm614
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:48 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000493
Location: Arlington, TX

Re: Update on Battery Warranty Enhancement for 2011 & 2012 L

Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:44 am

mwalsh wrote:I know the meeting was only yesterday, but...

Really? No one attending have ANY comment yet?

Meeting ran late last night; the locals are prob still racked out. And the cell service here is way less than stellar, so the out of towners prob can't post yet. (Took me 15 minutes to get this reply up.)
Anyway, there was good info and several people took notes, so it will probably start trickling out today.
2011 Brilliant Silver SL - 110,000 gasoline free miles so far.
4BL: 06/29/13 @ 27 months, 43,520 miles, 42.56 Ahr. New 12 bar battery: 09/09/13
4BLx2:12/31/16 @ 69 months, 99,475 miles, 42.99 Ahr.

User avatar
mwalsh
Posts: 9504
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Update on Battery Warranty Enhancement for 2011 & 2012 L

Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:50 am

jhm614 wrote:
mwalsh wrote:I know the meeting was only yesterday, but...

Really? No one attending have ANY comment yet?

Meeting ran late last night; the locals are prob still racked out. And the cell service here is way less than stellar, so the out of towners prob can't post yet. (Took me 15 minutes to get this reply up.)
Anyway, there was good info and several people took notes, so it will probably start trickling out today.



Cool! Thanks for the heads-up.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 75,000 miles.
2015 pack under warranty 12/30/15.
Tinted windows.
Bridgestone Ecopia 422+ tires.
L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
GT-R map lamp lenses.
AV L2 EVSE.

Return to “News & Main LEAF Discussion”