Poll : What is your AV qoute ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your AV qoute ?

• $5000+

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • $3500-4999

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • $3000-3499

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • $2500-2999

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • $2250-2499

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • $2000-2249

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • $1800-1999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1500-1799

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • <$1500

• No Response Yet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rat

With 60 pages of posts this topic has gotten too big to read through for an overview or to get a price range. I seem to recall one quote around $6,000 or more, but other than that I think my $3501 AV quote was the highest. Apparently I can't start my own poll. Can some admin create a poll with a range of dollar values for the AV quotes so we can see how the distribution is? I suggest:
$5000+
$3500-4999
$3000-3499
$2500-2999
$2250-2499
$2000-2249
$1800-1999
$1500-1799
<$1500

palmermd said:
How about 5 weeks and no response. I even called them 2 weeks ago and they said that they would put a rush on the proposal.

I got the same BS on my appt reschedule and the revision of my quote to be done in two days max, now on three weeks and no change. I'm just waiting to cancel and get a refund.

Perhaps add to the poll, if possible:

1. Cancelled before Assessment
2. Not having AV Assessment

Then, I could "vote" #2 above.

I think the highest quote was over $10,000 ...
but maybe I am not remembering correctly.

Quote will not matter. AV got their $100 and that will be it.
I would only buy the EVSE if they gave credit for the $100 and I understand that will not happen.

One thing about the quotes...should AV be blamed for the high prices? When i spoke to AV about the details before my assessment was done, they said they work with licensed contractors (this is what happened too). We know that the cost of the device is ~~$700. So it seems that the variation in price seems to be due to the different installation costs from the contractors.

Am i not understanding how this works properly?

Tango said:
So it seems that the variation in price seems to be due to the different installation costs from the contractors.

Contractor cost is certainly a variable, but I do not believe it is the major cost. My "standard installation" (just the installation line item) came to almost $1,300. I called a different contractor, and he gave me an estimate of $500. Even with whatever AV is charging for their extended warranty, I seriously doubt that most of that $1,300 is coming from the local contractor. I would imagine that AV is taking at least 1/2 of that installation charge as pure profit, if not more. Heck, I'm not even completely sure that the contractor got most (or any!) of that initial $100 we gave AV.

Admittedly, this is all speculation. I do not believe that we've heard directly (or even second-hand) from a contractor on what they are charging AV vs what AV is charging us.

JasonT said:
... I would imagine that AV is taking at least 1/2 of that installation charge as pure profit, if not more. Heck, I'm not even completely sure that the contractor got most (or any!) of that initial $100 we gave AV.

Admittedly, this is all speculation. I do not believe that we've heard directly (or even second-hand) from a contractor on what they are charging AV vs what AV is charging us.

Ah. I didn't take that into consideration.

Though, (more speculation here), they're probably taking a relatively consistent cut from the contractor, so i'd be interested to see if the wide differences in price (2500 vs. 3500 vs. 5000+) are due to AV or contractors.

Tango said:
One thing about the quotes...should AV be blamed for the high prices? When i spoke to AV about the details before my assessment was done, they said they work with licensed contractors (this is what happened too). We know that the cost of the device is ~~$700. So it seems that the variation in price seems to be due to the different installation costs from the contractors.

My home is fully prewired and inspected when built. $1300 to bolt the thing to the wall is just crazy.
$50 to ship the evse is too much, $720 for the unit is at least $100 high and maybe twice what it should be.

I see one at <1500. I still have not received mine, but this is the only reasonable number I've seen. Who received this quote? I hope AV comes to their senses and sends me a similar quote. $1500 is the absolute maximum I'd pay for their unit (installed), and if it came in under that I would consider, otherwise I'm looking to install (plug in, since there is already a "drier" outlet installed where I want it to go) the Leviton unit probably.

palmermd said:
I see one at <1500. I still have not received mine, but this is the only reasonable number I've seen. Who received this quote? ...
That was me. My original quote was for $1506; $665 labor. Verbally, they agreed to another $50 decrease but since I don't have that in writing I suppose my poll selection is wrong. There's nothing to do but screw it to the wall and wire 12 inches to the box; 40A dedicated circuit back to a 200A panel.
No permit fee, I guess they figured there was nothing to permit. I know others have similar installs and received much higher assessments. Dunno why.

EVProject is supposed to come out and assess me next week. If they green light me for a free charger then I'm done looking. I've already ordered my LEAF. Wonder if I can get the $700 taken off my quote for the QC option. That would be sweet.

palmermd said:
How about 5 weeks and no response. I even called them 2 weeks ago and they said that they would put a rush on the proposal.
I think mine took 7 or 8 weeks. You're still in the early stages.

Back