Nissan Leaf rolls out Charging Stations - in SimCity!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smidge204

Hanging my hat on the "news" part of this :lol:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/04/03/nissan-solves-the-worlds-energy-crisis-in-first-simcity-dlc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The charging station actually might be one of the best buildings in the game, stat-wise. It increases happiness in surrounding buildings, and doesn’t use any power, water or workers. It’s also pollution free, producing no garbage or sewage."
=Smidge=

Unfortunately this Sim City game is TERRIBLE. If you do want a good Sim City game either get Sim City 4 or the latest Tropico.

gsleaf said:
Unfortunately this Sim City game is TERRIBLE. If you do want a good Sim City game either get Sim City 4 or the latest Tropico.
Indeed I've heard nothing good about the game. Most recent version I've played is SimCity 2000 and I can't say I regret that in any way :roll:

Just thought this was worth sharing for the giggles.
=Smidge=

Sad choice on the part of nissan ... Honestly, just being associated with a game with such accolades as "the worst rated product on Amazon - EVER" harms the Leaf's brand image.

defiancecp said:
Sad choice on the part of nissan ... Honestly, just being associated with a game with such accolades as "the worst rated product on Amazon - EVER" harms the Leaf's brand image.

It was either that, or Lance Armstrong... :p

defiancecp said:

I don't think it's harmful. Revolting EA-related DRM aside, most of the negative reviews were a result of a bad launch. But forget about the people that don't like SimCity, they won't make the connection anyway, since they won't be playing the game, and they certainly won't be downloading additional content.

For those that do play the game and enjoy it, I think it's a very clever approach to marketing a product to a very relevant target audience for Nissan- high tech young adults. The only negative press comes from those who don't realize this is downloadable optional content (or do, but try to spin the story as if this is some kind of forced adware in a paid game).

Check out player reviews on youtube. All very well received.

Back