$1000 Loyalty Program for current Leaf owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

Here is the loyalty program we were waiting for. $1,000 towards the purchase of a Nissan vehicle for current MY '11 & '12 Leaf owners. Can be combined with VPP.

Current owners of a MY11 or MY12 LEAF qualify for $1,000 Bonus Cash toward purchase or lease of any new Nissan!
Key Information:
Offer valid on the purchase or lease of any new Nissan vehicle (excludes Infiniti)
Offer is transferable to members of the household/immediate family
Offer may be combined with any/all other offers available at the time of purchase
Offer is limited to one transaction (one lease or one retail sale)
Customer must provide their MY11 or MY12 Nissan LEAF VIN

For how long? Seeing as how my 2012 is only a year old, my loyalty won't be an issue for a couple more years :p

Do you have a link with the details?

EDIT:

Nevermind. Found it myself:

LEAF Loyalty Direct Mail Program
$1000 Cash Incentive. Select 2011-2012 LEAF owners will receive a direct mail offer with a unique authorization code allowing them Cash towards the purchase or lease of a new Nissan when financed with NMAC. Authorization codes may only be transferred among immediate family members living at the same address. Customer must present this authorization code at dealership to validate offer. Limit one offer per individual. Limit one offer per vehicle. N/A other loyalty offers Eligible Sale Types: 0, 3, 4, B, C, D, E, F

Source: http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2013/Nissan/LEAF/4dr-HB-SL/Incentives-and-Rebates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder how they are "selecting" such owners...

NYLEAF said:
Select 2011-2012 LEAF owners will receive a direct mail offer with a unique authorization code allowing them Cash towards the purchase or lease of a new Nissan when financed with NMAC.

TomT said:

NYLEAF said:
Select 2011-2012 LEAF owners will receive a direct mail offer with a unique authorization code allowing them Cash towards the purchase or lease of a new Nissan when financed with NMAC.

same as always, based on your credit worthiness im sure

NYLEAF said:
Do you have a link with the details?

EDIT:

Nevermind. Found it myself:

LEAF Loyalty Direct Mail Program
$1000 Cash Incentive. Select 2011-2012 LEAF owners will receive a direct mail offer with a unique authorization code allowing them Cash towards the purchase or lease of a new Nissan when financed with NMAC. Authorization codes may only be transferred among immediate family members living at the same address. Customer must present this authorization code at dealership to validate offer. Limit one offer per individual. Limit one offer per vehicle. N/A other loyalty offers Eligible Sale Types: 0, 3, 4, B, C, D, E, F

Source: http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2013/Nissan/LEAF/4dr-HB-SL/Incentives-and-Rebates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like it will not apply to cash buyers.

The pretty salesgirl at our dealership indicated that taking a loan through NMAC then paying it off if you wished was a route to better rebates/discounts. Sounds like she was right.

Nice to see Nissan hearing our requests and throwing us a $1,000 bone.

$1,000 - that's it? How about somethng extra for Charter owners? I wonder what you have to do to be one of the select owners because I haven't received anything yet.

DaveinOlyWA said:
adric22 said:
I wonder if this would work towards reducing the cost of the $199 lease even further?

it applies to leases

Sure it does, but the question is will it affect the actual lease payments and reduce them below $199? Or will the dealer simply absorb that discount? The often quoted $199 lease payment is a special rate, the loyalty discount may not necessarily be combined with such a special rate which is already discounted.

I assume Nissan will be lucky to break even at a $199 lease rate, I'm not sure they'd want to give more of the same away.

Well, since I keep a freeze on my credit reports for protection from fraud, I may never know in that case... I wouldn't take advantage of it anyway so it is moot in my case.

DaveinOlyWA said:
TomT said:
NYLEAF said:
same as always, based on your credit worthiness im sure

JPWhite said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
adric22 said:
I wonder if this would work towards reducing the cost of the $199 lease even further?

it applies to leases

Sure it does, but the question is will it affect the actual lease payments and reduce them below $199? Or will the dealer simply absorb that discount? The often quoted $199 lease payment is a special rate, the loyalty discount may not necessarily be combined with such a special rate which is already discounted.

I assume Nissan will be lucky to break even at a $199 lease rate, I'm not sure they'd want to give more of the same away.

if that is what you want I am sure your dealer will work hard on your behalf to get that (since it benefits them...)

i hope that is not the case however since your scenario makes it $1000 MINUS the interest on a lease term.

I opt to get my full $1000 taken off the down payment

Have any MNL forum members actually received this offer by mail yet?

It apparently expires April 1st; if so there is only a month to receive it and take advantage.

timhebb said:
Have any MNL forum members actually received this offer by mail yet?

It apparently expires April 1st; if so there is only a month to receive it and take advantage.

it expires DECEMBER 31, 2014

DaveinOlyWA said:
it expires DECEMBER 31, 2014

My guess is that if the rebate is well utilized it'll remain in force at $1,000 for the duration. But if they get few takers and sales slide, it may increase in value, watch this space....

Back