Nissan To Install 500 More Quick Charge Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Computerizer

There is also a write up over at inside EV's

http://insideevs.com/nissan-to-triple-us-fast-charging-infrastructure-by-adding-500-units-in-next-18-months/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My favorite part of the article was this.
“We envision a quick-charging network that links communities and neighborhoods where people live, work, shop and socialize,” said Brendan Jones, Nissan’s director of electric vehicle marketing and sales strategy. “Having a robust charging infrastructure helps build range confidence, which boosts interest in and use of electric vehicles. By improving the charging infrastructure, Nissan furthers its commitment to bringing electric vehicles to markets throughout the United States.”

GregH said:
Computerizer said:
This is probably good news for those of you that aren't on the west coast and have very few CHAdeMO options!

Or those of us who live in California :/

Well, there's plenty* in WA and OR. CA doesn't have as many, but there are more than most other places in the country.

* When I say "plenty", I don't mean there couldn't be more, just that we're not really suffering due to lack of QC stations.

Computerizer said:
GregH said:
Computerizer said:
This is probably good news for those of you that aren't on the west coast and have very few CHAdeMO options!

Or those of us who live in California :/

Well, there's plenty* in WA and OR. CA doesn't have as many, but there are more than most other places in the country.

* When I say "plenty", I don't mean there couldn't be more, just that we're not really suffering due to lack of QC stations.

I guess I should have said Southern California.. Glancing at the Chademo map it looks like the Bay area is not doing too bad!

I can't wait to see the full list of where these are going. It seems the only specific location mentioned in Washington, DC. If Nissan is smart, they won't dump all of their chargers on the west coast. What about NYC? Weren't they going to have a fleet of eNV taxis?

I sent an email to the guys at Tustin Nissan (Orange County, CA) and they said they expect to get a Quick Charger - but they didn't have any details on the timing.

So good news for OC!

Computerizer said:

We are still way low compared to what was promised in EV Project. In Downtown Seattle we have just 2, none at the airport for eg.

I'm thrilled!! :D In Kansas City, Missouri, we have NONE. ZIP. ZERO. NADA. Capice?
BBQ? Yep! QC? Nope. :evil:
What can I say, I've been envious of all the QC talk on this forum. It's a QC desert here and my LEAF wants a quick sip! :twisted:
Thank you Nissan!!!!! :D :D :D

GreenPowerDP said:
I sent an email to the guys at Tustin Nissan (Orange County, CA) and they said they expect to get a Quick Charger - but they didn't have any details on the timing.

So good news for OC!
I just picked up a new '12 SL lease from Frank at Tustin Nissan yesterday (at nearly half what I had been paying for my '11 :shock: ). He said they had an initial site evaluation and expect to get one. I suppose by March 31 as had been mentioned earlier for the SoCal Nissan dealerships... I spoke with Paul Scott a few days earlier and he mentioned his dealership (LA?) would be first to get one.

I too can't wait to see the final list! I hope they can bridge some gaps between Santa Barbara and Palm Springs!

I just hope dealers do not install the quick chargers behind gates that are locked after hours. I also hope they are not part of the eVgo network. I do not like their business model and would not pay what they are asking; no interest in their monthly plans.

kovalb said:
I also hope they are not part of the eVgo network. I do not like their business model and would not pay what they are asking; no interest in their monthly plans.
http://insideevs.com/nissan-to-triple-us-fast-charging-infrastructure-by-adding-500-units-in-next-18-months/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Today, Nissan, with some help from NRG Energy’s eVgo Freedom Stations, says they are going to triple that US number by themselves over the next year and a half by adding 500 new stations to the infrastructure; with 40 of them going specifically into the greater Washington D.C. area.
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1082031_nissan-to-triple-quick-charging-stations-for-electric-cars-over-18-months?fbfanpage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The eVgo Freedom Stations, as they're known, will have a Nissan quick-charge station and also a Level 2 240-Volt charging outlet, which can be used by any modern electric car.

Quick-charging stations are now available in eVgo networks in Houston and in the Dallas-Fort Worth region. The company says it plans to expand to the San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego and San Joaquin Valley areas.

That expansion is largely funded by NRG as part of the settlement of a longstanding lawsuit over excess utility fees charged to California ratepayers a decade ago.

TonyWilliams said:
I called the two most Northern California Nissan dealers, and neither are getting these chargers.

when are we going to see a list of where these are going to be installed? They've been talking for 18 months about these cheap chargers and how they are going to install some in dealerships, and we have yet to see 1 installed or even sold by Nissan.

palmermd said:
when are we going to see a list of where these are going to be installed? They've been talking for 18 months about these cheap chargers and how they are going to install some in dealerships, and we have yet to see 1 installed or even sold by Nissan.

According to Nissan's Regional Marketing Manager, the first group of DCQC's to be installed at dealers in California are being funded out of corporate headquarters in Japan. I infer from this (though I didn't ask) that they will not be eVgo stations. Because the Japanese fiscal year ends at the end of March, the push is on to get them up and running by then. They aren't planning a public release of the full list until the first batch is done and operational.

DaveinOlyWA said:
This is old news. Was posted on Seattle FB group a month ago
Are you talking about the goofy post at https://www.facebook.com/groups/seattlenissanleaf/permalink/525826024115506/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?
Warren Raven
Nissan will be providing fast charging stations to all their Leaf dealers nationwide (Andy Palmer said 600 by March) should be a huge push for the Leaf this year.
Like · · Unfollow Post · January 15 at 3:10pm
600chargers.png

When asked for a source or link of this news, the OP nor anyone else ever supplied any...

I've never heard any Nissan rep make any such statements. I dug around and never found any. It ought to be easy for whoever posted the news to find it and post the source...

palmermd said:
TonyWilliams said:
I called the two most Northern California Nissan dealers, and neither are getting these chargers.

March 31... Except, we could probably make a pretty good list here of the ones we know will take one. Mossy Nissan in San Diego has about a half dozen Nissan stores here, so they will likely have several of the "free" chargers. There's only one other Nissan dealer in the whole county, and they physically LOCK their L2 and have in the past denied charging to folks who didnt buy their LEAF there. So lets surmise that they don't want one.

So, that quick, I covered the southern tip of the state (no way will there be one in Imperial County).

How about your county / region of California?

TonyWilliams said:
Mossy Nissan in San Diego has about a half dozen Nissan stores here, so they will likely have several of the "free" chargers. There's only one other Nissan dealer in the whole county, and they physically LOCK their L2 and have in the past denied charging to folks who didnt buy their LEAF there.

Gah! This is what happens when local dealers have too much freedom from corporate headquarters. Tesla has been doing this right.

Back