See four of five LEAF colors at your local Nissan store now

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEAFguy

Nissan has now put names to the LEAF colors on the website. Prior to this, they referred to the colors generically. A little digging has provided the following info so that you can check these colors out at a local Nissan store:

Super Black - available on:
Altima
Maxima
Murano
Xterra
Frontier
Rogue

Versa
Sentra

Cayenne Red
Rogue (should be on dealer lots soon, if not already)
I think it's coming on something else too, but not out yet

Brilliant Silver
370Z
Murano

Versa
Sentra
Altima
Rogue

Glacier Pearl
Murano

Blue Ocean will likely be unique to the LEAF

Only problem I found when pre-screening colors a few weeks ago ... there are a small number of discrepancies. Yes, the color name will most likely work off another model. But I found 1 or 2 color names (and vice versa) that did not consistently match the assigned color code across different Nissan models. And I believe the color code is the more pertinent item. (Wish Nissan would also list color code with the color name.)

LEAFer said:
Only problem I found when pre-screening colors a few weeks ago ... there are a small number of discrepancies. Yes, the color name will most likely work off another model. But I found 1 or 2 color names (and vice versa) that did not consistently match the assigned color code across different Nissan models. And I believe the color code is the more pertinent item. (Wish Nissan would also list color code with the color name.)

Glacier Pearl (QX1)
• Blue Ocean (RAT)
• Brilliant Silver (K23)
• Super Black (KH3)
• Cayenne Red (NAH)

It would be great if these are the actual colors.

Note that the Nissan website still says "*color choices are provided as samples to determine preference only, not final colors"

It sounds (hopefully) like the dealers have information that hasn't been updated on the web yet?

LakeLeaf said:

Note that the Nissan website still says "*color choices are provided as samples to determine preference only, not final colors"

It sounds (hopefully) like the dealers have information that hasn't been updated on the web yet?

these are actual colors. the only colors we have not seen in person are the red and blue ocean. The other colors/codes match existing models as mentioned prior.

this is an interesting post. I would think the color name would be the same on any car. But I have seen pictures online of 'Cayenne Red' and it did seem to look different. It just could be the lighting.. but in some pictures it looked almost burgundy, and in others it was much more bright red, with some orange. Wish I knew the true color.

LEAFer said:

prberg said:
this is an interesting post. I would think the color name would be the same on any car. But I have seen pictures online of 'Cayenne Red' and it did seem to look different. It just could be the lighting.. but in some pictures it looked almost burgundy

I've looked at many of the Cayenne Red pics, hoping desperately to establish that the color was more towards of a "wine" or "burgundy". But now I'd be very surprised if it turned out to be anything less than a bright red.

Unless i see it In person, The color will mean Nothing to me. In november 2003 I signed up to By my first prius. I picked tidelands pearl Which look to be a the light lime green based on the color swatch at the dealer ( nearly identical to the silver pine mica).

More than 6 months later When my car was finally delivered, i went to pick it up not knowing that i walked right past it thinking about someone else's car because the color was so different. But it was a color I learn to love but then again, i'm a guy so i can adjust.

I am pleased however, my color will be unique to the Leaf only

CampbellNelson said:
LakeLeaf said:

these are actual colors. the only colors we have not seen in person are the red and blue ocean. The other colors/codes match existing models as mentioned prior.

So Ray, before I go to a dealer here, can you please describe 'Glacier Pearl'? I looked at photos, but it just looks like a plain white. A glacier has a bluish tint and pearls have many different colors within. Does it look like what I have described or is just plain white? Thanks!

leaffan said:
So Ray, before I go to a dealer here, can you please describe 'Glacier Pearl'? I looked at photos, but it just looks like a plain white. A glacier has a bluish tint and pearls have many different colors within. Does it look like what I have described or is just plain white? Thanks!

While we are waiting for Ray, I'll give my take on Glacier Pearl. It's definitely not plain white. It is a dull pearlescent but it doesn't have a blu-ish tint. It's more of cream color. I like it -- it's classier than "rental car" plain white. But like alot of colors, it's hard to describe. If you have any concerns, you should see it before ordering. Keep your eyes peeled and you'll see it. Now that I know what it looks like, I see Muranos painted that way often.

jhm614 said:
leaffan said:

While we are waiting for Ray, I'll give my take on Glacier Pearl. It's definitely not plain white. It is a dull pearlescent but it doesn't have a blu-ish tint. It's more of cream color. I like it -- it's classier than "rental car" plain white.

Thanks Jason! I may change colors after I see it in person. :)

Back