Nissan sets out to ‘turn on' one million people to electric

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If storing more than 50 gallons of gasoline on one property had been prohibited (or taxed severely), ICE "filling" stations might have been impractical. Then, ICEs might have "lost" to "electrics" 100 years ago.

With today's "demand" charges on electricity, we face essentially that same hinderance of "filling stations" problem for EVs now.

In other countries, the government and its agencies seem to be less "joined at the hip" with those in the "Black Opium" (oil) trade. Until that changes in this country (and state), EVs are more likely to be (for most people), repressed and thus just Large-Neighborhood EVs (LNEV).

Perhaps start by writing the Public Utilities Commission for your State (or area) and expressing the need for a change, for the good of the country, for our children and grand-children, and for the future of the world.

garygid said:
If storing more than 50 gallons of gasoline on one property had been prohibited (or taxed severely), ICE "filling" stations might have been impractical. Then, ICEs might have "lost" to "electrics" 100 years ago.

With today's "demand" charges on electricity, we face essentially that same hinderance of "filling stations" problem for EVs now.

In other countries, the government and its agencies seem to be less "joined at the hip" with those in the "Black Opium" (oil) trade. Until that changes in this country (and state), EVs are more likely to be (for most people), repressed and thus just Large-Neighborhood EVs (LNEV).

Perhaps start by writing the Public Utilities Commission for your State (or area) and expressing the need for a change, for the good of the country, for our children and grand-children, and for the future of the world.

Gary, I think your analogy is flawed. It’s not how much you store on site, but how much you pump at once. We can store as much electricity as they can store gas in underground tanks, we just need underground battery banks to do it.

I happen to agree with the theory of demand charges (that building enough capacity to support peak demand has a cost higher than just usage) but I am flexible in what a reasonable demand rate is. I happen to think that large storage banks at EV fueling stations is a good way to go in areas that have high TOU swings.

Back on topic though, I think this is a great campaign and I’m jealous that we aren’t getting it over here. I’d love to see some of the myth-busting achievements! (maybe participate too?)

Back