REAR HATCH COURTESY LIGHT

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No switch. Didn't know it would shut off after ten minutes. I suppose I could sacrifice ten minutes worth of electricity--sometimes not though!
Thank you for the info.

Doesn't use enough juice to matter (besides, we're talking about the 12v). You can always replace your interior lights with LEDs if you want to (lots of colors too)!

I don't know if it's the default or if you have to set it to turn lights off in the car's Settings menu, but my interior lights all turn off after about 10 minutes.

I doubt you'd keep the hatch door open too often for the battery drain to really matter, but it's a good idea to have the option to switch it off, just in case and all that. I'd think that you'd want to just leave it on though, in case you need it when it's darker so you don't have to go fumbling around with how to switch it on.

Stanton said:
(besides, we're talking about the 12v).

My dealer said that about something, I forget which accessory.
But that 12V has to come from somewhere, which is the main battery.
If anything "the 12v" is more troublesome, because it has to be converted down from the main battery, at some efficiency loss.
Isn't the "Brick when 12v is dead" because of being plugged in for too long a bizarre emphasis on "the 12v"?

Back