help with remote setting charge timer on a nissan S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfreg711

Is there any kind of way to program the charge start time?

We just switched to time of use pricing and I'd like to take max advantage of it.

Is there a remote way to set the charge timer on a S model (2013)?
My dealership thought we could do it with Car wings - shows what they know, but it doesn't come with the S.

Unfortunately, not on an S, no. You can only program an end timer...

sfreg711 said:
Is there a remote way to set the charge timer on a S model (2013)?
My dealership thought we could do it with Car wings - shows what they know, but it doesn't come with the S.

Well, maybe I'll opt for a work around then - there must be some kind of plug that does this for you.

I'm sure your cheap power is within a certain time range? If so, all you need to do is set the end timer to a time 2 or 3 hours after when the cheap rates just begin.

^ I'd just set the end timer for the end of the low rate TOU window. Unless the window is very short or you use Level 1 (120 V) charging, you should be done by then. That way you will hit your TOU window every time. No need to fuss with EVSEs that have timers and the like.

If you plan to charge at Level 1, don't. Unless you only drive a small number of miles per day, the very slow charging speed of L1 might exceed the length of the TOU window. [Level 1 charging adds about four miles of range per hour of charging.]

Back