Hidden test to find out if you are OCD

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodtohave

If the 2 clocks not being in sync drives you nuts you should look into it.

I saw a thread about it years ago and it reminded me of many years ago when I was an installer at an audio shop and a client came back because the clock on the radio we installed did not keep time as well as the oem clock in the dash.

It lost about a minute a month. Drove him crazy. We had to change the radio.

GregH said:
4 CAN busses and a cellular network connection and you still need to set two clocks... amazing.

Exactly. The analogy to an aftermarket radio doesn't hold.

Nubo said:
GregH said:
4 CAN busses and a cellular network connection and you still need to set two clocks... amazing.

Exactly. The analogy to an aftermarket radio doesn't hold.
This has been addressed in the '13+ Leafs.

On my '13 Leaf SV, IIRC, it's impossible for the 2 to get out of sync. Presumably, the nav gets its time via GPS. You can change its offset (if you want the time to be fast or slow), time zone, DST, etc. When you do that, the eyebrow clock changes too.

On the Leaf S, since there's no nav and no GPS, I believe the 2 clocks are also synced.

After an accessory battery failure, you have to adjust settings on "both" clocks in the 2013, despite the fact that it's only one clock, displayed in two places. Until I figured this out, it maddened me that one was reading in 12 hour time and one in 24 hour time.

The two must be able to be out of sync. Here is why I think so. Picked up my new 2013 SV on Feb 25. Feb 27 I noticed the nav clock off by one hour. Went into setting and remove DST setting, nav then showed a screen asking if I wanted to sync the two clocks.. thats when I found out there was two clocks :lol: .

Been sick for last 4 days. I hadn't touched the car since I got home last Friday. When I got in to go to work I had to rest the clocks because of DST and found they were now two minutes off from each other but Friday they matched.

Very glad I'm not ocd.

Back