[answered] Q: how 2 set clock on dash board (2013 SV vs S)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjj240

there're two clock displays on Leaf; one on dash board (next to speedometer), the other on multi-display(?)
On S model, the clock on dash board can be independently adjusted from the other clock via trip computer menu.
however, i do not see the option in SV. (only 12/24hr option is shown. no set clock option)
In my SV, it is automatically synched w/ the clock on nav display.

in pp 2-11, OM clearly states that
"
NOTE:
This clock is not synchronized with the
clock displayed on the navigation system
screen. The charging timer starts and stops
charging base on the time displayed on the
navigation system screen. See LEAF Navigation System Owner’s Manual.
"

am i missing something here?
is my SV s/w outdated by any chance?

basically, how do i maintain two time zone clocks on Leaf SV?
(does SL have the same issue?)

The 2013 with navi (SV and SL grades) use time from GPS for both clocks. This keeps them synchronized and makes the time easier to set. They are set in the center screen settings menu. MENU > SETTINGS > OTHERS > CLOCK
The 2013 base (S-grade), and all 2011 and 2012 models have two separate clock systems. The navi clock uses GPS and the others are internal.

kovalb said:
The 2013 with navi (SV and SL grades) use time from GPS for both clocks. This keeps them synchronized and makes the time easier to set. They are set in the center screen settings menu. MENU > SETTINGS > OTHERS > CLOCK
The 2013 base (S-grade), and all 2011 and 2012 models have two separate clock systems. The navi clock uses GPS and the others are internal.

Fits w my experience. My S dash clock is a few seconds different from the center console clock. My wife's SV clocks are synched.

kovalb said:
The 2013 with navi (SV and SL grades) use time from GPS for both clocks. This keeps them synchronized and makes the time easier to set.

That means errata in OM :(
Thanks for the explanation though.

kovalb said:

Hi,

I have 2014 Leaf X Grade (Japan version) and when I tried to change the clock settings from center screen settings as you mentioned in your post it does not make any impact on both clocks. Any idea how to change this in Japan version Leaf.

Thanks
Devapriya

netbirds said:
Any idea how to change this in Japan version Leaf.
I do not know about the Japanese model LEAF. I would have expected it to use the same interface structure, just with language change. Do you have an owner's manual?

Back