Full auto mode?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dndrich

Leafpals:

I have read many posts about how the climate control works, and I am still a bit confused. Part of the issue is the fact that I have a 2013, which now has the compressor for heat. So...

When I hit the auto button, the auto light comes on as does the A/C light. Now, suppose I just want heat because it is a chilly morning. Will it heat? Or, do I need to hit the heat button to change the compressor?

dndrich said:
When I hit the auto button, the auto light comes on as does the A/C light. Now, suppose I just want heat because it is a chilly morning. Will it heat? Or, do I need to hit the heat button to change the compressor?
Hmm, not quite sure about that either. I believe that it will be automatic, and strictly based on the temperature settings. It looks like Nissan has updated their instructional video, which seems to reflect the most current information, and should be applicable to the 2013 model year.
newownermnl

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD1e0qF1BJk[/youtube]

surfingslovak said:
dndrich said:
Hmm, not quite sure about that either. I believe that it will be automatic, and strictly based on the temperature settings. It looks like Nissan has updated their instructional video, which seems to reflect the most current information, and should be applicable to the 2013 model year.
newownermnl

Good video. It appears that auto will do both heating and cooling, although the heating is apparently dehumidified. Now, it doesn't address what the heat button does! Now, obviously it probably heats the car, but not clear to me how that differs from auto.

dndrich said:
Now, it doesn't address what the heat button does! Now, obviously it probably heats the car, but not clear to me how that differs from auto.
The heat button could be there as a manual override to turn off the heater. One of the complaints on the 2011/2011 LEAFs was that it was nearly impossible to just run the fan. I found an old post from Philhttp://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11057&start=150#p257416http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11057&start=150#p257416 about this and quoted it below.

Ingineer said:
New Climate control unit. Can independently enable heat/AC and select different temps. Heat pump was only drawing 1.5kW on full heat with doors open!

dndrich said:
Good video. It appears that auto will do both heating and cooling, although the heating is apparently dehumidified. Now, it doesn't address what the heat button does! Now, obviously it probably heats the car, but not clear to me how that differs from auto.

Auto attempts to manage everything -- fan speed, outlet selection, de-humidification, ... Works ok but I often prefer a bit more airflow than Otto chooses in his infinite wisdom.

Back